Perspectives

 Perspectives

Copyright (c) 1994, Thomas D. Van Hook

All rights reserved




             Perspectives

             by Thomas D. Van Hook

             written 14 Dec 93 0528am



           I remember, an age of innocence

           A time of little cares and whims

           Playing basketball and baseball

           Throwing rocks on ponds to skim


           I remember that what would follow

           A time that chilled my marrow

           Unexpressive and rebellious

           My focus, was too narrow


           Pent-up anger and frustration

           Taken out on other's nerves

           Plainly for sheer pleasure

           Not knowing what cause I'd serve


           Into the machine, I descended

           Became a part of what I hated

           Not sensing what I had become

           My lust for pain...unsated


           As I grew, I learned expression

           To communicate my pain

           How to work my anger out

           With pen, paper and brain


           Now I glance upon my past

           To see what brought me here

           My perspective has always been changing

           Along with my hopes, dreams and fears



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHILEMON

War of the World TV series

22DISK Version 1.31