Sweet Dreams

 Sweet Dreams

By ToM (12/20/98)


Out in the outskirts of my mind

Lies a divine angel!

Shaped to my every glittering fancy

Molded to my every darkest dream

And she comes in shimmering splendor

silencing every distinct soul in awe

Even angels of Lore can't dare compare,

to a beauty so captivating!

Valor of the darkest night,

show no match for her dark raven hair!

No diamond money could ever buy,

can equate those crystal eyes!

Oh! and listen close enough...

Hear those melodious whispers ?

Those ever so gentle yearns ?

They wile my every wish

intoxicate my very essence

How sweet! But they never reach my ears

They linger but only in my mind!

My hand springs forth to touch her,

Oh! but she lies just beyond my grasp!

Oh! my soul screams just to go free,

to kiss those satin lips and give her life!

And my eyes...

they burn with the urge to be opened,

to wake up and see my angel beside me!

But I can't... I Won't!

For deep in my heart,

I know this angel solely exists within me!

To open my eyes, I would loose her,

Sweet dreams, shattered but to a thousand pieces.

And so I clench my eyes forever shut,

hoping the time would never come,

when this sweet dream has to end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"