Aliens: What do you want?

Article 102 of alt.alien.visitors:
Path: ns-mx!uunet!peregrine!elroy.jpl.nasa.gov!usc!samsung!munnari.oz.au!diemen!sol!quan
From: quan@sol.surv.utas.edu.au (Smart)
Newsgroups: alt.alien.visitors
Subject: Re: What do you want?
Message-ID: <quan.660457674@sol>
Date: 6 Dec 90 04:27:54 GMT
References: <1990Nov28.200612.9226@ariel.unm.edu> <601@organpipe.UUCP>
Sender: news@diemen.utas.edu.au
Lines: 41

dione@spekl.as.arizona.edu (Matt Cheselka) writes:
>I have a very important question to ask...who gave you a computer to write this
>stuff from?  And...will you come visit me?  I would like to talk to you
>
>Matt Cheselka

Dear Matt, why would an alien come to visit you if you give a vague request
such as 'I would like to talk to you'?  There has to be some incentive for
aliens to just come barging up to your place.

As far as I see it, aliens have contact with the Earth of one of four ways:
1. curiousity from observation (TV, radio, ...) or
2. by accident (crash-landed, stranded, exiled, ...).
3. on a mission (see person, fugitive, object, item, ...).
4. diplomatic, scientific, humanity reasons.

If we assume 1, then they come to see if we are really like all those
people in soapies, mystery-thrillers, ...  Or maybe for scientific reasons
to observe our anatomy, history, culture, ...

If we assume 2, then they are probably in some kind of need.  They either
have or have not adapted to Earth which could mean their dead or have
cunningly mixed with our society.

If we assume 3, then it is most likely that we will not see these aliens
because they are trying to attract as little as attention as possible.

If we assume 4, then they come to deliberate mingly with our society in
hope to direct us,prevent us from facing some disaster caused by our own
lack of foresight (pollution, atomic bomb, ...).

Either way, you have to give a more decent argument for them to come to
your place.

eg. I have been trying to conduct a time experiment on my past.  On July 14
    1984 I wrote a note to myself to be wary of a possible meeting with my-
    self or aliens.  I have kept such a note in hope that some day that I
    may discover time travel and would visit myself to tell me that such a
    trip is possible.

Smart.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"