An attempt to verify

       To:  All                        Message #:  1

    From:  David Brune                Submitted:   6 Jul 92  16:07:58

 Subject:  An attempt to verify the      Status:  Public

Received:  ** Outbound Message **         Group:  LOCAL (0)


All,


As section leader of a UFO area on CompuServe, when we read the K2 report

from the Phoenix project we did not quite know how to take it.  Was this

another attempt at disinformation, a way to make a few bucks by getting you

to buy their printed paper, or was it for real.  So we decided to find out.


A few members of my section got together and over this 4th of July holiday

weekend decided to check things out.  What they found you may find

interesting.  This was in no way a complete check of the Phoenix groups

claims, but interesting nonetheless.  We are planning further expeditions to

the K2 area in the near future and I will keep all advises as to what we find, since it is of importance to us all.


If you have any questions of comments about this report, please forward them

to me, and if you have CompuServe access may I suggest checking out the New

Age Forum and the UFOlogy/Contacts section.

 *****************************************************************************


David,


Well, I made it back from Pilot Mountain!  What a beautiful area.  It is remote and would be a good spot to try and conceal something but I saw no evidence to support the claims of the Phoenix report.  Keep in mind that I was there for only a short time (1 1/2 days) and I did not have the actual K2 report with maps and descriptions of where EXACTLY the LZs, base, and entrances were suppose to be.  When I do get the report I will more than likely make another trip out there just to satisfy my curiousity and keep this thing from growing into something it probably isn't.


I arrived in Quincy on Saturday at about 5:30am.  I then proceeded into the

Plumas Nat'l Forest via the Quincy-La Porte Road.  For the next five hours I

just drove around the dirt roads checking things out.  There is road

construction in progress complete with earth movers, bulldozers, graters, and

dump trucks.  It was a holiday so no constuction was going ons.  The existing

dirt roads were eroded, and narrow in places so, IMHO, the construction was not suspect.  This area skirts the Feather River and some of its off-shoots which is popular amoung trout fisherman.  That may be one reason the roads are being repaired.  Also, it appeared that logging was prevelant in the area.  Since so much logging in various areas thoughout CA has been restricted I can see logging interests putting in $$ to access areas where they are allowed to harvest, which is what I think is happening.


The roads are poorly marked and thus confusing to get around on.  I looked for most of that morning around the Pilot Peak area for the access road leading up to the lookout station but could not find it.  It is probably a four wheel drive type road and thus not evident to the passer by, which I'm sure I did several times.  The tower placement on top of the mtn. is perfect. It's up above everything and looks to offer a good view.  I decided to hike up there. 


The Pacific Crest Trail passes through the area and skirts along the side of Pilot Peak.  The trail head is well marked at PP's base so I took it.  The trail was easy to follow and I took it up to the ridge where I cut off to get to the lookout station. The last few hundred yards were VERY steep and strewn with loose flagstone and gravel.  On my approach I could hear voices (kids) and then see some young people in the tower.  They had left by the time I got to the tower.  It took three hours to get there and the view alone was worth it.  The station is abandoned and from markings in the cement appears to have been constucted in 1976.  It is very well built and offers an EXCELLENT view, 360 degrees, of the surrounding area.  I can't imagine a better way to watch the area then in that tower.  Once up there I could see a dirt road coming up the mtn and stopping about 100 yards down slope.  The last part up to the tower is 'feet only.'  I seriously considered going down the road to find where it cuts off from the main road below but daylight was running out. I poked around a bit more, took some pictures and headed back down to the trail I had come up on.


When I got back I ate and by then it was dark so I drove out to a vista point

and watched the area for whatever.  During the night I drove to different

points of view...and saw nothing unusual. The next morning I slept a bit then

hiked around PP area a bit more.


From my cursory examination of the area I could not support the fantastic

claims made by The Phoenix Group.  However, I did not have a magnetometer,

geiger counter, or any other sofisticated equipment.  All I could do was

observe the area through an average persons eyes.  I did that and saw nothing

except a beautifully remote area.


The one odd thing I did see was at the Ranger Station in Quincy.  As I entered the parking lot there's a sign showing visitors where to park, employees parking, and one that reads "F.S. Heliport NASA."  I drove ....


over to the entrance to the "heliport" which had an open gate and a sign that

read--"No Trespassing  $500 and/or 6 months  Air Operations Restricted Area." 

I could not see beyond the gate because of the forest and slope of the hill.  I wasn't sure if they enforced this notice but didn't want to find out right

then.  Why would NASA have a heliport way out there?  That I don't know and

couldn't find anyone to ask.


I've been too long winded already...I will get the K2 Report, find specific

locations to search and look things over again.  Any suggestions that would

enhance my efforts would be appreciated.


                                                 --Jason


END-OF-REPORT


=-=-=-=-=


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"