Hangar 18 true

       To:  Anyone Who Is Interested   Message #:  3541 

    From:  Dana Sandefur              Submitted:  08 Oct 90 23:20:00  

 Subject:  Could it have been Hanger     Status:  Public

Received:  No                             Group:  UFO (31)


RE: Could it have been Hanger-18?

        Well fellow stargazers, here is one of my experiences.

It pertains to what is now known as the "Hangar-18 incident".

        I was living in Miami, circa 1975, when I happened to read a short,

four paragraph article on the last page of Section A of the Miami Herald.

It was about a space craft of unknown origin that had crashed in the Mojave

Desert and was taken to an undisclosed Air Force base somewhere in New

Mexico.  The article fascinated me, and I could kick myself in the *** for

not cutting it out for future reference.  The reason I didn't was probably

because I passed it off as another hoax.  Nevertheless, I scoured the paper

for the following month looking for a follow-up article, thinking that

there surely would be one.  There was none to be found.  Squashed like a

bug.  Hmm, I thought.  Was this a writers idea of a funny joke, or did

something potentially volatile just get squashed?

        Anyway, about a year or two later, I found myself working part-time

at a Drive-In theater trying to put myself through college.  I met a guy

there who was interesting enough to talk to, so we did.  After getting to

know each other, he told me he was in the Air Force stationed at

Davis-Monthan <SP> AFB.  He then told me about one night when he was on

guard duty and a strange craft was brought in to be transferred to

Wright-Patterson ASAP and with no questions or comments.  He saw it with

his own two eyes, he claims.  He was also screened to keep his mouth shut,

etc.

        Along comes circa 1985 and the movie "Hangar-18".  Now at first

when I read the article in 1975, I was skeptical.  To conclude this story,

I am still skeptical at each individual account on its own.  When you

consider three, separate, un-related accounts, that corroberate <SP> the

same incident, it tends to diminish the skepticism in my mind.

        BTW, the guy at the Drive-In described what he saw as a weird

looking craft about 24 feet across with 2 passengers aboard who were about

3 feet in length.  That is, of course, off the record...

--- QuickBBS v2.04

 * Origin: We are not alone. (1:112/28)

=-=-=-=-=


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"