Lonely

My mind has gone numb
my heart has stopped beating
the fires in my soul burn their last ashes
without you there is no reason
no silver lining
only dark clouds gathering to form a storm
But I do not see the lightning
nor do I hear the thunder
or feel the sting of rain
I am lost in my thoughts
all I know is you
your face, your voice, your touch
We may never have tomorrow
but yesterday is always ours
and it will last forever
it can never fade
kept untarnished ever and ever
if by nothing else but my will
My thoughts drift to you again
and reality slips away into memories
I hear words I do not remember
if those words were our last
then I will cherish them forever


by,
WPHUNG (I gotta take one of those memory courses)
Send any comments my way at WPHUNG@aol.com
© 1998 Smile in the Dark Productions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"