"Addicted" poem

Addicted
ToM (11/05/98)

Why? Why? Why?
Why have you bound me to your seductive soul?
Alluring me with your endearing charms
Bewitching me with your unrivaled beauty
Captivating my every wish
Prepossessing my every fancy
Why do I yearn for your presence?
Why do I die for your touch?
The pain seems to outweigh the nirvana
Is that worth for its momentary pleasure?
Why do I nurture every whisper?
Why do I cherish every memory?
Reawakening every nightmare
Resurrecting every heartache
Every kiss, every caress, I fool myself just once more,
in thinking that you are mine for eternity.
Yet, even when I know the valor of the perilous poison
in your every concealed kiss of death,
Why do I crave for every moment of its short-living sweetness?
Why do you draw me into your whirlpool,
Like a magnet to a needle? Like a compass set on north?
Why do I see you everywhere I go, in everything I turn to?
Why do you haunt me even in my sweetest dreams?
Why do I suffer this ever-burning torment?
Why do I feel the inevitable need to love you?
Why do I feel the unquenchable need to be loved by you?
Why do you do this to me? Why? Why? Why?
And I loose myself in amazement...
Even if you released your spell on my soul and set me free,
Why do I know that my soul will find its way back to you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"