ScrapBookUSA: North Collins, NY

===============================================================
Christina Bolya
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, NY 14111
screen name:Diane NC
Special Things
================================================================
When I turned 4 years old my father gave me a very special gift. He had been working on it for about 1 year. It was a doll house.
It was two stories high and had 5 rooms. In the kitchen he made a table and 4 chairs, a refrigerator, and a stove. The living room had a couch, a television, a foot stool, and a bookshelf. In the one bedroom there was a bed, a dresser, and a chair. In the other one there was a bunk bed, a dresser, a table, and a chair. The last room was the bathroom and it had a bathtub, a sink, and a toilet. In every room there was a window and in the living room there was a door. My father put left over wallpaper on the walls and yellow, green, black, and purple cloth for the rugs.I realize that my father worked very hard on the doll house and I'm happy that he gave me that very special gift.


========================
Erin Hoffman
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, New York 14111
Diane NC
Special things about my family
=========================
My family is special because both of my grandmas had 10 or 7 children. My grandma on my mom's side had 10 children.  I think raising 10 children is a lot.  So now I have 20 aunts and uncles.  They all had children, so now I have a lot of cousins.
On my  dad's side of the family, my grandma had 7 children. Now I have 14 aunts and uncles. All of my aunts, almost all, had children except for one. Some of my cousins had children, so I have so many cousins, that I can't count them all. That is why my family is special.




========================================
Jacob Smith
North Collins Elementary
Screen name:Diane NC
Favorite Person
=======================================
     My grandmother is 49 years old. Every year my grandmother takes us to Florida and to Darien Lake. Whenever I want to spend the night at her house she lets me. If we are in a store and I want something she will buy it. Every time I go to her house we rent a movie or go to a theater and watch one. When we have a book fair she will give me five dollars. My grandmother is nice in many different ways. My grandmother lives in Silver Creek, New York and I live in Springville, New York. My grandmother lives about 35 miles away from me. She is the nicest person in the world.                                           



===========================
Jeff Sappelt
North Collins Elementary
screen name: Diane NC
Family Stories
===========================

            Our grape field is one hundred years old. My great great great grandpa started the grape field a long time ago. My great great great grandpa brought the knowledge from Italy to North Collins. Now my sister and I work on the grape field. My DadÕs job is designing houses and making houses. My MomÕs job is designing bleachers for high schools, and race tracks. My baby brother and my dog don't do anything but hang around the house. Every summer my family goes to our cottage in Pennsylvania. We go down there to visit relatives and go fishing. I have relatives all over the world. The relative that lives the farthest away lives across the Atlantic Ocean. I mostly go camping with my grandparents in the summer but I can't because my Aunt Amy is having a baby. I don't have anything left to say because I told you everything.           


======================================
Jesse Schosek
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, N.Y. 14111
Screen Name:Diane NC
Special Things
======================================
I have many special things, but IÕll tell you some of them. When I was three I got a teddy bear. I was laying in my brownish-black bed when my great-grandmother walked into the room with a brown teddy bear for me. I got excited and jumped out of bed. My mom was there with me. I named the teddy bear Cuddles. I have him to this very day. I am now eleven.

Once I got a little, stuffed, purple bat. When I was turning nine on my birthday I got Batty K. the bat from my mom who hand stitched it! It even looked like a sewing machine had made it. My mom also made a dragon for my brother. He named it Anabel. Those are just some of the things that are special to me.          =========================================
Angela Mecca
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, NY 14111
DianeNC
Old Family Stories
=========================================

When I was working on the last scrap, That Old House, I had asked my dad to come up the stairs into my room. I wanted him to lift me up to a trap door on my ceiling. I had noticed the door was there when I had my slumber party. The winds were so strong, that night that of my party, when I opened my window, the door had been lifted. I closed my window right away because I didn't know what had happened. After I got myself together, I finally figured out that there was a trap door in my room. Now, that I knew it was there I really wanted to know what was up there. My dad ended up going up there and lifting me up. While I was looking around in the trap door, I found a book. I picked it up and asked my dad what it was. My dad said, "Well it looks like an old diary. Why don't you go down stairs and open it." I did. Inside I found secrets of what I thought was my uncle's diary. I called him up to make sure it was his. He said yes and not to tell any of the secrets so I won't tell any of them. ( The End )

One hot summer day my grandfather was out tying grapes when he asked his little brothers to go inside and get some nice, cold ice-water. So, they went in and got water. The grape field is a good  length from the house so on the way back my great uncles stopped to make mud pies, using the water!  When they were done, there was only a little bit of water left. When finally the water reached my grandpa, he drank all the water. It was, in my grandpa's words, as warm as the sun was that day.


===========================================
Arlie Rinaldi
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, N.Y. 14111
screen name: DianeNC
Old Family Stories
===========================================

In 1945 my grandpa was in the navy. This war was called World War II. My grandpa didn't fight, he stayed on the ship at all times. He was on the ship for 18 months! At this time my grandpa was only 17 years old! Some of the foreign lands he visited were the Hawaiian Islands, Guam, Siapan, Japan and the Philippine Islands. When he arrived at Japan, it was 4 weeks after the atomic bomb was dropped. Everything was leveled and there was no people. Over 200 Marines were dropped of at Japan and luckily my grandpa wasn't one of them.

On the ship, Marines had to wake up at 5:30 AM! He had to immediately go to the top of the ship for roll call. At 7:00 AM he ate breakfast, people cleaned the ship and fixed the bunks. Everybody had different duties on the ship. My grandpa's duty was called captain's orderly. This means that he stood guard for 4 hours and was off duty for 12 hours. The name of the ship that he sailed on was called USS Audrain. My grandpa thought that the food was very good. (Not what you expected, huh?) The bunks that he slept in were only 2 feet apart! (from top to bottom.) Sometimes the waves were 30 feet high! And then again, around the Hawaiian Islands and the Philippine Islands the ocean was so still it looked like a sheet of ice. I was glad when I heard this story because if he fought my grandpa probably wouldn't be alive.

   





==================================================================Dianna Lomanto
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, N. Y. 14111
Screen Name: Diane N.C.
My Wonderful Grandparents================================================================== Please meet my grandparents. My dadÕ s parents I will tell  you  about  first. If you met all my grandparents you would probably love them as much as I do. My grandmother was very kind to everyone she met, especially her family. My grandparents had seven kids (including my dad.) I love all the neat things Grandparents did for everyone.
These activities are what  I will treasure for all my life. The parties are as follows: ValentineÕ s  Day, Easter, and other seasonal or family parties. We had activities like family Bingo ,where we would play until everyone had at least one prize, or we would play sports or different games. Now my grandmother is dead, but Bingo Night is still a family tradition. 
Now, if you would , here are my momÕ s parents, my Nana and Papa. On this side of my family, we also celebrate traditions. They are: camping, picnicking, also game playing, taking trips over the summer, and swimming. Nana and Papa had two children . I love all my family very dearly! This is why I want share them with you to see if you might like them ,too. 


==============================
Kati Rivers
North Collins Elementary
North Collins NY 14111
screen name: Diane NC
Family Stories
==============================

What a Game

One of the best special events that  I've ever had with my whole family was when we all went to a baseball game. When i say whole family I mean all 14  cousins except one, most of my aunts and uncles , and my grandparents. Even my uncle and his family came all the way from California.


A lot of fun things happened at the baseball game. I'll tell you one. My cousins and I made up a prediction game, meaning, a person would tell an other person what they think would happen next in the game.  I said there would be three home runs and then a strike. Well guess what? There were two home runs and then a strike. I couldn't believe it! Sure the prediction didn't come all the way true, but it was close.

This was a very special tine to me because I got to see all my relatives and got to spend time with the ones i don't often see.
I think that if i had a choice to either spend a weekend with my relatives or spend a weekend with my best friend, I would go to my relatives for the weekend. Wouldn't you?



==================================
Suzanne Schmitz`
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, NY 14111
Screen Name: Diane NC
A Special Time To Me
==================================




In November of 1989, my whole family which includes my dad, my mom, my two brothers Duane and Scott, and my sister Connie went on vacation. We drove for about 24 hours to get to Nashville, Tennessee. We stayed there for two nights. We saw all that there was to see. We did everything as a family. Then we packed our things and drove for a few more hours to get to Disney World in Florida. We stayed for two weeks. I had the time of my life. Of course, I was only six years old at the time so I just smiled all day. The really special thing was that my whole family of six was together through it all. That was really neat because back here in New York my father worked for a company named WinterÕs Railroad. Whenever there was a train wreck my father would get called on his beeper no matter where he was. He would always have to leave right then and there to go maybe even out of state to run machinery to clean up the train wreck. So, needless to say, he was gone a lot of the time. So it was neat to be a whole family for over two whole weeks. When we left Florida, it was Thanksgiving Day. Usually for Thanksgiving we go to either my auntÕs or my grandmotherÕs and we have a home-cooked turkey dinner. But, when we were driving home from Florida, we stopped at a roadside diner and had Thanksgiving dinner. Actually, Mom was the only one who ate turkey. The rest of us all got HAMBURGERS! That vacation was a really neat experience for all of us.



=================================================
Amanda Goldbach
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, NY 14111
screen name: Diane NC
That Old House
=================================================
      My old house is about 105 years old. It was built in 1890. My mom and dad call it Old McDonald's Farm because they bought it from Jack McDonald when he was really old.
      I live on a farm in Lawtons, New York. On our farm we have animals. They include three horses, three dogs,and two cats. We have two gardens. One is a flower garden, and one is a vegetable garden.     
      On my families farm my neighbors grow crops on my families field. They grow corn, and hay.
           We do a lot of horseback riding during the summer, and during the the winter we snowmobile through the fields
      During the summer my grandparents come over and stay. We have a camper and they stay there usually for the weekend. At night if it is clear,  we have a roaring camp fire. My grandma especially likes it because she likes to roast marshmallows for my brothers and I. My grandpa is a cook, and if anybody wants food then all they have to do is go and ask him.
     After winter when all the mated leaves are still on the grass, it is my job to rake them up so that the grass comes up nice and green.
     My family is in the midst of remodeling the outside of the house. We are putting in a new flower garden this year. We are also remodeling the inside. We already put in new carpeting and kitchen floor last year.
      My house is boring sometimes but over all it is a great place to be.   
   

====================================
Angela Smith
North Collins Elementary
North Collins,N.Y.14111
screen name: Diane NC
That Old House
====================================
My house is my grandmas house. My grandmas house is special to me because my Uncle Eddie lived there. My mom lived there when she was younger. My Uncle Eddie and my mom were brother and sister. That house is special to me because my Uncle lived and died there. I like that house because I remembered living there when I was a baby. My grandmas house is very big. It is a brick house. My grandma lives there alone so I go and visit there every once and a while. My grandma lives in North Collins too. I remember my baby room that I slept in. My grandmas house is old. It is about 75 years. My grandma lives on Thiel Rd. in North Collins. I liked living there when I was a baby.
My Uncle was very special to me. He was very special to everyone. The reason that house is special is because a lot of birthdays, holidays,and a lot of special memories were celebrated there. I loved my uncle was special to everyone in my family. It is hard to celebrate his birthday and celebrate the day that he died and to celebrate different holidays. I will always remember him. I can't wait till his birthday and till the day he died because everyone will cry and get it out of my system. That's why my grandmas house is special to me.


===============================
Chris Caruana
North Collins Elementary
North Collins,NY 14111
screen name:Diane NC
That Old House
===============================
My house was built in 1989.  My house is five years old.  It is in the country. My house is built on 2 acres of land.  Nina Vulla owned the land before we did.  Along time ago were my house is now used to be a grape field.  My house is 4 years old. My house is blue.  My house has floors. My house is made of wood.  My house has a basement.  My house has walls.  My house has rooms.  My house is built on dirt. 


=============================
Crista Lauber
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, NY 14111
screen name: Diane NC
That Old House
=============================
    My old house is 35 years. It's were my 5 brothers and 3 sisters grew up. I'm adopted and I've lived in it since I was in my foster home.My house is special to  me because my dad built an addition on it in 1973 he also had to add another bathroom because all the kids would try to fit in 1 bathroom. My dad built a deck, and a front porch.The deck is were we sit on hot summer days. My old room is where my sister's room was.Now I'm in the room across the hall. I'm 11 years old now. I've had my K-5 birthday parties there. Down stairs my dad has a bar and a work shop he makes things and sells them. My room is the second biggest room. I've moved rooms 3 times. I hope i stay in the same room for a long long time. I don't know much about my house and this is what I came up with in 3 weeks and that about raps it up.         


========================================
Deanna Waterman
North Collins Elementary
North Collins,NY 14111
screen name:Diane NC
That Old House
========================================
That old house is my house.My house is 39 years old.It was built
in 1956.My grandma was 30 years old when she moved in.It is a nice little house in the country.My house is on the corner of Marshfield.I lived in my house since I was a baby.I have been in all most ever place in my house except the attic because the boards are loose up there.There are no special places in my house.My house is the only house I lived in.
 
I love my house. My house was built on to.Where my living room is that was were are garage was. Where are dining room is that was were are living room was .We built on the garage .So my house's rooms were in all different places.  In my house there are three bedrooms.


=======================================
Elizabeth Muehlbauer
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, New York 14111
screen name: Diane NC.
That Old House
=======================================
My grandparent's house was built about 35 years ago. My grandparents and my grandpa's brother built it. My dad and my aunt's rooms were upstairs. My other aunt's and grandparent's rooms were downstairs. I have many memories there. A few of them are...
Once I was going downstairs and I fell down the stairs. Another time was when I took my first step on my grandmother's birthday. My grandparents, besides my aunts and dad are the only ones who lived there.
        The backyard is kind of big. It has an apple tree, and we play spring-
ball there. Some of the yard is crowded but most of it there's a lot of room.In the back there's a creek that eventually leads to the park down the road.
I like my grandparents house.
            ========================================
Josh Nelligan
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, NY 14111
screen name: Diane NC
That Old House
========================================
My house is over 100 years old. I am not really sure who built my house. When I moved in we found an old trunk in our house. There were newspaper articles about World War II. I read them and it was very cool. Then we found some odd and old tools. Some of them still work but we don't use them. My favorite room is my room. My house is yellow and has brown outlining. My house has a garage with it.



=======================
Jennilyn Lillie
North Collins Elementary
North Collins NY, 14111
screen name Diane NC
That Old House
=======================
     I am writing about my house. It is about 150 years old. There are about 11 rooms in my house. We have about 16 acres.  There are 4 people in my house.I have something like a farm. On the farm I have a cow, 6 goats, 4 dogs, and I am going to have 4 pigs. I have along river down by my house. There is a bridge across the river. Every summer my cousin and I walk across it and go back in my woods.


========================================
Eric Chuba
North Collins Elementary
North Collins NY,14111
screen name:Diane NC
That Old House
=======================================
    My house is 41 years old. An old lady lived in the house until we bought it. We lived at my grandma and grandpa's house for 2 years until we bought the house. There is a creek with a bridge that separates our land from our neighbors. There is a lot of land around our house. Some of my best memories are in the house. Like the 4th of July when we had a giant cake for every body. And I remember my birthday when we had fireworks. I like     my basement because I like to ride my roller blades, and my bike  around the stares.
     I've lived in the house for 8 full years. I remember once I was flying my Styrofoam plane and it hit the house and stayed on the roof. I waited half an hour for it to fall. When it did the front end broke when it hit the ground.
     I'm 10 years old. My house was built in 1949. So like I said my house is 41 years old, since it was built in 1949. Our barn is about 150 feet from our house. The barn is very old and ugly. 


==========================
Erik Bauerlein
North Collins Elementary
North Collins,N.Y.14111
screen name:Diane NC
That Old House
==========================
      The house that I am writing about is the house I am currently living in. It is about 115 years old. In a couple places it needs work, but other than those few places it is pretty nice. A few months ago we were loading boxes into our attic. We noticed something unusual on the door.  Since the door is on an overhang above our stairs, we don't go up there often. It was an old German newspaper from about 1830.
       In my house many things have been taken out and/or put in. In my upstairs my closet was once a place where my uncles' bunk beds were. In the downstairs a door was changed to a window and a porch was added on. It is weird that all 7 of my aunts and uncles stayed in this house that is big, but not big enough for 9 people. Getting back to recent remodeling, when I first moved in about 6 years ago, a wall separating my living room was knocked out.
     Well, I remembered things that I forgot years ago writing this story. I remember when I first moved in I was about 4 or 5. I was in the bathroom doing my business. My uncles were in there fixing the sink. I don' t remember what happened, but I remember my uncles faces as I walked into the bathroom. Now that I think about it, I should have been embarrassed.
ItÕs been fun and thatÕ s my old house.



==============================
Jamie Antholzner
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, NY 14111
Screen Name: Diane NC
That Old House
==============================
   My house is over 150 years old! I love my house because of how it's history went. One day this old couple came by our house and said that they grew up in my house. They also said that it was a farm house and that cattle walked back in the woods where today stands a 4-wheeler track that goes back in the woods. They said that their parents used to keep trout in the water well so that the water would stay clean. That's when I started to get interested in my house.
  I found out from my parents that they dug out the pond and Mr. Lamie didn't. They also said that their bedroom was the kitchen, the eating part of the kitchen was a porch, and the cooking part of the kitchen was a bathroom. This summer we remodeled the workroom that is connected to the house. Now that room holds a hot-tub. When we remodeled the kitchen, we tore down a wall and found Irish wallpaper. 3 years ago, the barn from the farm house fell down. That's when we decided to make the pond bigger. Now, where the back wall of the barn stood, there is a garden. I lost a tooth in the garden and I never found it yet. There is a tree that used to help support the barn that is easy to climb. That tree over looks the pond and if you were to climb the one limb, you would be able to look straight down into the pond.


========================================
Jeffrey Schmitz
North Collins Elementary
North Collins,NY 14111
screen name:Diane NC
That Old House
========================================
My house that I live in now was built in 1990.When I was 5 my family moved there.While my dad was building it I tried to go and help as much as I could,but all I did was carrying wood (what I could carry)and bringing my dad tools.
   In about two months my house was done, but when moving day came I refused to come out of my room.When I finally weekend I went down stairs and then outside into my dad's truck. When we got to my new house I thought it really stunk,but now through the years I found more values of my home and it's surroundings.
   Now behind my house in the woods I've found more places to be alone, more to sit under a tree and read,and just sit and enjoy nature and breath fresh air.



========================================
Westin Blidy
North Collins Elementary
North Collins,NY  14111
Screen Name:Diane NC
That Old House
========================================
I am writing about my house. It is about 193 years old. It was built in 1808. It was a stagecoach stop from Jamestown, PA. to Buffalo NY. In my house there were 4 different people that used to live in it. They are: Grace M., Louie K., Us. Some guy before my mom and dad moved here, he did an experiment on our apple tree. The tree now is half sweet apple and half regular apple.
The man who owned the property before my dad bought it, had a lot of grain in the barn, a lot of hay, a lot of wood, a lot of birds, and bats.  Now it is all open space.  We have about 13 acres of land and there are train tracks in our back yard, and a small river.
All the stuff in the barn are all gone now, because we burned it to ashes.  There are 28 rooms in our house.  My favorite room is my room, because it has all my models in it, that I have made within 4 years, because I am a RACE-CAR fan.


=================================================================
Stephanie Marie Harris
North Collins Elementary 
North Collins, N.Y 14111
Screen Name : Diane NC
That Old House
=================================================================
I once lived in Lackawanna. I lived in a brown house. I remember that my dad helped build the church two houses down from ours. I was only a baby when we lived there. Behind our house was a bingo hall. In the back yard there was a little shack. In my brotherÕs room there was a little door and that door was a crawl space for the attic. We did not have a basement. Next door to us lived the priest. I thought that the building behind our house was a church but it is not. It is a bingo hall. I have always heard stories about the house. There were four rooms upstairs and three rooms down stairs. There was ten other houses on are block. I lived there for five years . We only rented the house, we did not own it. We moved when someone next door to us had a break in. Now I live in North Collins.


=======================================
Nicole Paryz
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, NY 14111
screen name: Diane NC
That Old House
=======================================
        My house isn't that old. It's really my GrandparentsÕ house, but I live there with my family. My Grandpa built the house about 3-4 years ago. It is really big. I remember when I was about 7 years old, my uncle, who was helping to build the house let me hammer in a nail in the kitchen floor. He told me to always remember that I helped to build the house. Since my Grandparents have a big family and many Grandchildren, we have many fun things to do inside and outside the house. We have a pond to fish in, a pool to swim in, a swing set to play on, and a big yard to run around in.
          At my Grandparent's house we always have big parties, for birthdays, holidays, and any other special occasions. My favorite thing to do in the fall, is take a ride with my sister in the paddle boat. In the fall it's really fun, because the air is crisp. There are beautiful colored leaves on the trees, and there are still birds chirping away. In the summer, spring, and beginning of fall, my family and I love going to Winter's ponds to feed the ducks. That's probably my favorite thing to do at my Grandparent's house. In about a year or so, my family is building a house, right next to my Grandparent's house. I will be able do just about anything I can do now in my soon-too-be-new house, but my Grandparent's house will always be my favorite place to be! 


========================================
Natasha Scott
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, N.Y.14111
Screen Name:Diane NC
That Old House
========================================
When I was little I lived through 5 different houses, 2 in Hamburg, 1 in Buffalo, 2 in North Collins now I'm in my sixth house on Langford Rd. The fifth house I lived in was when I lived with my grandma Eileen. When I was looking through our back closet I found a house bill. I could tell it was our  house bill, but not our signature. Under the name it said Willis Backer. According to his deeds he is Texan. I also found out that he built our house in 1891. ItÕs 104  years old. The person who lived here before we did was named  LeAnna Doneya. She lived here for 35 years, weÕve only lived in the house for about 7 in a half years.
The person who lived here before LeAnna Doneya was named Danny Shammey. He lived here for 61 years, heÕs probably dead by now. You may think our house is probably falling apart by now, but youÕre wrong. We have fixed up our house and added more to it. We also added a porch to it. In the summer we are going to add a little bit more to it so it will look a little bit more better.


========================================
Matthew Dennis
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, NY 14111
Screen Name: Diane NC
That Old House
========================================
The house that I am living in is vary old. It was built in 1878. The houses that are around it now weren't there. It was all fields.
Now it is all houses. The roads use to be dirt. Now they are like
regular roads. IÕve lived there all my life. That is for 12 years. I used
to have a chicken house in my yard but someone burned it down
on Halloween. Now there is a fireplace there. When I was about 2 years old my dad built a barn next to my house.


==========================
Marissa Sappelt
North Collins Elementary
North Collins, NY 14111
Screen Name: Diane NC
That Old House
==========================
My house is 163 years old.  It was built in 1832.  I lived in it for about 3 years before I moved.  It is near Lake Erie and a golf course.
When I lived in it, I was really young so it seemed huge.  But, today when I look at it, it's really small.   I remember that house so well that if you blindfolded me at the front door I could make it to my old room without bumping into anything.
That house is special to me because that is the house I lived in the first day I went to kindergarten. My favorite place in the house was the attic.  It was a really cool place to me because it had all the stuff that we really never used anymore. My favorite thing up there was a pull cord lion. That lion was special to me because my Aunt Cindy gave it to my family.  Even though it didn't work correctly I still liked it. 
My second favorite place was my room.  On one of the walls I remember having a pillow hanging up telling when I was born, how much I weighed, and my full name.  Behind it and on all of the walls were the paint.  To this day I remember what it looked like.  The floor was covered with plastic and I was getting paint all over me.  So, my mom let me take the buckets of paint and splash all the paint over the walls.  It looked really unique.  I also remember the time I took one of the horseshoe marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms box.  Then, I put it in a zip lock bag and put it on my dresser next to my bed, expecting to get good luck.
That is why my old house is special to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"