ScrapBkUSA: Nashville, Tennessee



OPRYLAND

By Emilie Malone
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     TODAY we're going to Opryland. It's my favorite amusement park. The first ride we went on was the FLOOM ZOOM. It's a water ride that has this big hill you go down and get splashed real bad. But you have to be a certain height to get on all the big kid rides. We went to the SCREAMING DELTA DEMOM. This ride has half a tunnel for tracks.Now we have to go to the other side. It's a long walk! First we went on the OLE MILL SCREAM. On this ride you have to go up a short hill, then you turn a corner,and last you go down a hill with two bumps then you get splashed. After that we went to the AIRPLANES. The airplanes are controlled by people on the ground with computers with little switches. The airplanes go very high up. Then went to the WABASH CANONBALL. On this ride you usually have to wait a long time. When you get on this ride you turn a corner slowly, then you go up a hill, after that you turn another corner, then you go down a hill, after that you go upside down in two loops, and that is about it for this ride.

     Then you can go to the BUMPER-CARS. You probably know what that's like. Then we went to the GRIZZLY RAMPAGE. It's a water ride. All there is to it is going round and round along a water path, then you go though a dark tunnel, then you still continue the path but you get sprayed with water. Next you go to CHAOS.

     Sometimes you have to wait a long time to get inside. Since you already know that the ride is inside let me tell you more. When you get inside there is a consession stand when you first step in. Then you hear a voice when you get in farther it says: "Please hurry to your stations your time is running out, only two people seated to a car." Then when you get to the station you have to wait until the people before you get off the ride. Then they give  you 3-D glasses. There is a screen you look at with the glasses. All the ride does is go around in a circle. There are three other rides, but I have to go now. BYE-BYE!

-----------------------------------------------------------
THE CAPITOL

by Andrea Lewis
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     Today we went to the Capitol.  We found out before we went there that two people were buried in the Capitol 's walls.  We saw them on the way into the Capitol. One of those people is William Strickland, the architect for the Tennessee State Capitol.

     Our tour was very interesting because we listened to the lady that told us about the symbols in the Capitol and who all the portraits were hanging on the walls. She also explained some of the statues.

     The library was very interesting too.  I wonder how many books there were in the library.  Walking around the Capitol was fun because we were seeing and listening to stories about our home state. Walking through the huge marble halls was a trip through a Tennessee history book!

     We went outside to see the statue of Andrew Jackson. He was mounted on his horse with a sword, just as he must have looked when he led the fight in the Battle of New Orleans. We walked past the tomb of President James K. Polk. While completing our circulation of the capitol grounds, we obseved the Tennessee State Archives, which houses many old records and documents. Lastly we viewed the Tennessee Supreme Court Building. All of Capitol Hill is of great historical interest!

-----------------------------------------------------------
TENNESSEE IS THE PLACE TO BE

by LeShunda Turner
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     If you are looking  for fun, Tennessee is the place to be. The  Belle Meade Mansion is a interesting place to visit. My class went there in third grade.  I've been  to the Tennessee State Capitol with  my  family.  The fourth grade went for a field trip.  The Parthenon is a historical place in Tennessee.  I went there with my  family also. There are alot of malls in Tennessee, like  100 Oaks Malls, Green Hills, Bellevue and, Hickory Hollow. There are some movie theatres. One that I go to the most is Fountain Square. There are a few parks in Tennessee, such as Montgamery Bell and Cedars of Lebenon. There is a restaurant called Houston's. Their food is excellent. There are some other restaurants like Kobe's, L and N's Seafood, and Mario's. There are some other restaurants. There is a lake called Center Hill Lake. My stepdad and I went camping there. When we went riding around we stopped at the other end of the lake. There was a sign that read: 66 people died in this lake. DON'T SWIM WITHOUT A LIFE JACKET OR AN ADULT. As you can tell from my list of many Tennessee points of
interst, there are a lot of interesting and fun places to visit.

-----------------------------------------------------------

THE DRAGON PARK

by Barry Kimbro
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     Hi! I am the dragon from Dragon Park. I am 138 human feet. I am made of colored tile with designs on it like people, chess boards, fish, and flowers. My favorate ones are the three unicorns flying and a sitting dog with brown spots. There is sand and rocks packed around me.

     When it gets dark all the skinheads or bad people start to come out. It makes me feel scared.

     When I wake up I watch all the kids from Eakin School go to school. When they get out they come down to see me. Lots of people come to the park. They play on the slide and on the bridge that comes from the mountain to the playhouse.

     One day I saw a little boy down there alone and I felt sorry for him. So I asked him if he would like to climb on me. He said he would love to, so he came up to me and started to climb. Then that day I had 1,000 friends. (I broke my record of friends.)

-----------------------------------------------------------

RISE FROM THE DEAD

by Kirsten Morris
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     One day me and my class went on a field trip to the mansion of Elvis Presley.  I accidentally fell asleep on a bench in the mansion.  So I slept and slept then I finally woke up.  "Ouch!" I fell off the bench and boy did it hurt bad!  I got up and looked around to see if the doors were open.  But do you know what?  They weren't!  And of course I screamed. But guess what I heard after I screamed "it echoed." After it echoed, amazingly I actualaly heard someone singing. It was so weird, and guess who it sounded like E-EL-VI-S. Then I fainted. And in the morning the manager found me on the floor by the bench. Then I told him what happened. And he let me call my mom and she picked me up.

-----------------------------------------------------------

THE HERMITAGE

By: Judson Merrell
    4th Grade
    Eakin Elementary School
    Nashville, TN

     Hi, I'm Judson. I live at the Hermitage. That's right. It's where Andrew Jackson lives. Sometimes Master Jackson takes me on his hunting trips, and we camp out for about a month. I like cooking breakfast for Master Jackson in the morning. The Hermitage has a huge kitchen. Mrs. Jackson likes flowers. I like to go out in the garden and pick flowers for her. As you can see the Hermitage is a big place.

     The Hermitage is a huge mansion. It is a busy place. People come in and out of the Hermitage waiting to meet MAster Jackson everyday. There are acres and acres of trees and beautiful landscaped gardens. It has many rooms. In the mornings I like to wake up and hear the horses trotting down the muddy roads and hear them naying and ride them in the grassy meadow. I like to go in the barn and smell the fresh
hay and feed the hungry animals. I like to milk the mooing cows.  I love it here at the Hermitage. It is the best place you can live. Well, I gotta go get Master Jacksons horse. We are fixing to go on one of his hunts. See ya.

-----------------------------------------------------------


ELVIS PRESLY IS HAUNTING HIS MANSION

by Aun Arinysasak
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     Last year I went to Elvis' mansion at night. When I walked in the door, I heard a loud singing.  It was so loud that one of the window shattered. The singing stopped and I was on my way because I thought it was a special affect. When I was done with my trip and  ready to leave,  the door closed. That was when I had a feeling a song was going to come up.  This time it was louder then last  time. I ran away to the stairway when ELVIS showed up.  ELVIS  was wearing a gold and white shirt,a gold belt,and  gold and white pants. He said, "Hey kid, sit down. Then he started to sing. After he sang five songs, I got bored .When it was
moring, I woke up in my bed . I said to myself, "it was a dream." But I found a piece of gold and white cloth in my pocket.

-----------------------------------------------------------

THE PARTHENON MOVEMENTS

by John Johnson
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     One dark, gloomy night in Nashville at Centennial Park, my friends and I were riding our bicycles. In Cenntennial Park, there is an exact replica  of the Parthenon. We passed the park and we  wondered what was going on at the Parthenon. So we rode over there as fast as we could and saw the statues moving like robots except, they were squeaking when they walked. They could talk like any super star.
     So we followed them into Wendy's where they robbed it. We were like spies. They ran like Olympic runners and boy they could burn iron. They made sparks running down the street.
     They went to the bank and deposited their money and Zeus had a First American Bank card. Then I heard Police sirens. They ran across the street. One car crashed into one of the statues but the car was crushed on the front bumper. Luckily the car had a drivers side airbag. So they all ran all the way back to the Parthenon.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A BIRD'S EYE VIEW OF NASHVILLE

by Josh Desprez
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School

     I would like to be a bird flying around Nashville, TN. I could do whatever I want like get revenge on kids who kill birds. I could eat anything and steal food from people. It would be fun to fly over the Parthenon and see all the Roman gods and stuff. I could also go downtown and look at all the stores and buildings like the American  General Building,the Tennesse State Capitol, and the boats on the Cumberland River. Then I would fly over the Hermitage and see the huge mansion, Rachel Jackson's flower garden, and the springhouse.

     You would have to be careful to not run into things like the Crown Plaza Hotel, the Hermitage Hotel of the Stouffer Hotel. However a good place to spend the night
would be the Union Station tower. I would see people come to the Union Station to see the beautiful railroad.

     A bird's eye view of Nashville might draw my attention to the banks of the Cumberland River and Fort Nashboro, the
birthplace of Nashville. The banks of the Cumberland are filled with boats. And Fort Nashboro is filled with history.

-----------------------------------------------------------
SEVIER

by Adam Williams
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     Hello, I am Andrew Jackson's Indian son. I wake up in the morning and put water in the tub. I take a bat, dry off, and get on clothes. I walk to the dining room and get breakfast. I'm ready to start the day.

     After breakfast I go and get a pencil and paper. My teacher comes for a little while. I get some toys for a little while after my teacher leaves. After that I have lunch. I love lunch. My dad said he will let me ride his horse after lunch.

     It is the afternoon now. I have to eat dinner now, so I will see you in a minute. In case you didn't know, my dad was a famous president. Well, it is time for bed. I guess I will see you tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------

LOCKED IN

By Amanda Bertram
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     Hi! My name  is Amanda. I am in first grade. My class is going to go to the Parthenon in one month.

     Today in class I felt terrible. One of my socks was a different color than the other one. I forgot to brush my teeth. I forgot to comb my hair. And my shirt had a hole in it! Then my teacher said today we are going to get our report cards. I remember my mom said I wouldn't be able to go to the Parthenon if i didn't get a good report card. I opened it ( 5 A's and 1 B) I was really happy. I took it to my mom she was really happy too. She said I could go to the Parthenon but it was in one month. ( 4 weeks later ) Tomorrow is the day we go to the Parthenon. So I asked my mom for a dollar to go to the Parthenon. She told me that all she had was a $20.00 bill. ( 6:00 at night ) So now I have to  find some way that I can do to get a dollar. Should I: A) work for it? B) Ask someone else? or C) Steal it? (7:00) I think I should work for it.( Next day) So, I got a
dollar and today we're going to the Parthenon. My teacher asked for the money so I gave it to her. When we got there the first thing we did was look at the statues.And the large paintings on the wall. In some rooms there was old books and furniture. Then it was almost time to go, but some people had to use the restroom. We had to take turns, only one at a time. And of course, I was last. And then when it was my turn. When I got out everyone was gone no was there. All the doors were locked now what am I going to do? No one came to get me. It was real scary all of those statues were staring at me and it's so big you can get lost in it, there's at least 20 rooms in the whole building. The next morning my parents came to get me all they kept saying was are you all right are you OK. The next day at school all the kids were laughing at me and calling me bathroom boy. I really hated it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
OPRYLAND!!

by Misty Hebron
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     My family and I went to an amusement park.  We were on our way to Opryland!  When we walked in the gates we had to wait to get a ride on a tram.  The tram took us to the back of the park.  Then we got off.  We walked into another pair
of gates right across from my friend's grandmother's doll stand.

   We went on the skyride which took us in the air to the other side of the park.  We got off and walked around.  Then we got back on and came back to where we had started.  We went to play skee-ball and another game in which we squirted water into a clown's mouth and tried to burst a balloon. After we did that I wanted to play all the other games too.

   We got hungry, so we decided to get a little cup of yogurt.  I wanted a cartoonist to draw a picture of me. Then it was around ten o'clock and time to play skee-ball again. Our day at Opryland had been lots of fun and made a great memory.

-----------------------------------------------------------
THE NIGHTLIFE OF ATHENA

By Sarah Dryden
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     Hello! My name is Athena, the goddess of wisdom and war.  I live in the Parthenon.  People think I am only a statue, but that is not true.  Every night, all of the statues, including me, come alive at exactlty 12:00 midnight.  It is very hard to stand still all day, so we are all grateful to be able to get up and move around.


     We walk all around the Parthenon, stopping to look at paintings of Mount Olympus here and there.  Since I was built taller than anyone, I have to be careful where I step. The only one I don't have to worry about stepping on is Nike, who  usually stands in the palm of my hand.

     At 2:00, we must all go back to where we were and stay there, perfectly still, for another whole day.  I think some of us should get paid for sitting still for about ten hours! Some of us have to lean over or tip our heads back, and the ones who do get pretty sore!  Come back again soon!

-----------------------------------------------------------
THE HERMITAGE

by Natasha Ding
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

      The Hermitage is a place where  Andrew Jackson lived. His wife Rachel Donelson were married in 1791. Now the
Hermitage is used as a museum. The Hermitage tells how Andrew Jackson lived. Many people visit the Hermitage every year to learn more about how Andrew Jackson lived.Andrew Jackson was told he should run for president. At first Andrew Jackson didn't want to run for president because most of the presidents are rich and well-educated. But then he discovered ordinary people can become presidents too. Andrew Jackson was a successful president. He made people proud of their country and government. Andrew Jackson was born in 1767 and died in 1845. He and his wife Rachel Donelson are buried in the back of the Hermitage in Rachel's Garden.

-----------------------------------------------------------
OUR TENNESSE ANCESTORS

by Amanda Monroe
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     Before our ancestors (Europeans) came, most of our land was hunting land for the Cherokee and Chickasaw Indians. Our ancestors killed animals for their families to eat. Many Indians hunted here. This is how I tihnk life would be as a
pioneer: As I go and see the buffalo and grain, I see a village like no other I have ever seen. I asked my father (who had come with me) who lived there and why they had such strange homes. My father said, "They're not pioneers, they're Indians. They don't have wooden cabins, they have teepees." My mother and father both liked Indians but they did not 1like the way they treated some people. I like Indians because of the things they make, such as pipes and potter.


-----------------------------------------------------------
"WHEN I WAS FIRST BUILT"

by Alice Ashmead
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     My name is Athena, the statue made out of ivory. When I was first built in  my new home at the Parthenon, I didn't like it, but now I do.  It is a huge place! The room I'm in was especially built for me because I am very, very tall. I have had many, many people plan parties here. I have had many, many people come to see me. The people look like little dots, because I am so high.

     I like it when people come to see me because I don't get lonely.  It is really fun where I live now because there are alot of neat things that are there. I am surrounded by numerous huge, gray, marble columns. Brass-decorated doors are at the entrance. I like it when the doors are opened so I can see the beautiful sunshine comeing toward me. I like to view the gods and goddesses on the walls. The air in there smells so damp and musty. The interior is kept cool by the thick, heavy walls. I guess you can see the Parthenon would be a very cold, dark, and lonely if the people weren't there.

----------------------------------------------------------
COMING TO TENNESSEE

by Tierra Wooley
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

Hi I am Tierra. When I came from Houston, Texas I was scared that I would never make it to Tennessee. When we got here it was midnight. We went to  a motel and stayed there for at
least a week. When we woke up the first morning, and I met some Chinese people. My mom and my papa and my brother and I went down to the restaurant to eat breakfast. After breakfast we went to a church called First Baptist Capitol
Hill. I also went to a school called Charlotte Park School. Then we moved to Nashville, TN and I came to Eakin Elementry.

-----------------------------------------------------------

ANDREW JACKSON

by Heather Sanborn
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elemenary School
   Nashville, TN

     When Andrew was 13  years old he was held by a British officer. The officer looked down and growled, "make yourself useful". And then he said "clean my boots."
     Andrew Jackson looked up at him with a steely stare and said "No".  Before Andrew could move the officer's sword came crashing down on him, slashing his face and arm. Then Anderw jumped quickly to  his feet, and ran away. He lived in a log cabin in South Carolina. Both of his parents died when he was young. Jackson decided to move to Tennessee. He met Rachel Donelson Robards. They were married 1791. If you go to the Hermitage in Nashville, you will see the history of Andrew Jackson when he was a president. He was buried next to his wife Rachel. Andrew died in 1845.

     Today Nashville still remembers Andrew Jackson. The Hermitage Hotel is a beautiful landmark in downtown Nashville. A section of the city is named the Hermitage, surrounded by the Hermitage Road. Then there is Old Hickory Lake. "Old Hickory" was Andrew Jackson's nickname because he was tall and tough like the trees on his farm. In front of the state capitol is a statue of Andrew Jackson on his horse. There is another statue of Andrew Jackson by the river front.

-----------------------------------------------------------
THE PARTHENON GHOST

by Geoffrey Williams
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

   Hello! One day I went to the Parthenon. I hid behind a tree. Since no one was there, the statues on the  side of the roof came alive! They flew over the roof. I watched them the whole time. I saw Zeus fly up and shoot lighting onto the tree I was behind! Since the trees were so close together, I jumped behind another tree and climbed up the branches so I could see Zeus better.
                                                             The next day I came back, but the statues were back in their
places. Later I went back to the Parthenon, and saw one of the statues looking straight at me! I didn't know who he was! I ran across the street.
                                                             The next day I called the police. We went over to the Parthenon right away. When we got there, one of the statues came at us. The police shot him, and he blew open. Then the others blew up. They put the man in jail.

-----------------------------------------------------------
The LIFE OF A PIONEER

by Jesse Cogswell
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     Hello, my name is Daniel. I live in 1783 when Fort Nashborough was built. Fort Nashborouth has a stockade fence around it and is above the Cumberland River. I am going to tell you what happens in a day of a child pioneer. First I wake up and get dressed. Then I make my small breakfast and I'm off to school with the rest of the kids. First we pass by the animals. Feeding them is one of my afternoon chores, then we pass by the quilting house. Going to the quilting house is one of my sister's jobs. Next we pass by the meeting house, we have all of our important meetings there. Last we pass by the stock, that is where people who disobey the law are placed. Now we are at the school house. While we are in school are dads are hunting. Today we are leaning how to write. After school I run back with the rest of the kids and pass by everything that I already told you about. When I get home I put down my books and do my chores like feeding the animals and clean our little house. Then about this time my mom calls "Dinner" and I go in to eat. After dinner I have to go to bed because tomorrow is another day.

-----------------------------------------------------------
MY STRANGE HOUSE!

by Tiffany Goldhamer
   4th Grade
   Eakin Elementary School
   Nashville, TN

     My house is in Wilson County and is strange. A lot of strange things happen at my house. Like there is a concrete boulder as big as a computer box in my back yard. And sometimes I hear strange noises out my window and once my dog actually brought in a human bone! Strange huh? There are stairs that are very steep and straight. A special section of my house is a log cabin. It is at least 200 years old. The upstairs looks like a log square and the downstairs looks like another log square.

     All the land is about 60 acres and is very lumpy. There is a small spring in my very big backyard. What's strange is that I don't know where the water comes from! Our hay barn is really old and it's made out of real wood, which I think is invested with termites. I hope my house will soon be in better shape!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"