Three Little Words

 Three Little Words

ToM (10/26/98)


I lay here mesmerized

Confronting me, lies a blank paper.

It craves for worthy words...

It longs for mercy in the poet's eyes

but my quill trembles in my hand

and the ink drips vigorously

not having the valor to form any words

ones that can capture my innermost emotions

ones that can mirror my deepest sentiments

Strenuous feelings explode within me

Yet as I lay my brush on the paper,

to capture the picture of my soul,

it vanishes, having no value

it fades away, with no contrast.

I dither not being able to compete,

A thousand words of mine,

cannot contemplate for what she declared

in her utmost simplicity.

My heart has stopped beating

and my breath has become still.

And all she ever uttered was

three little words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"