Carbonaro

 


                             MOVING AWAY

     In 1992 my family and I moved away from Saugerties, New York.  I was scared that in Valley Stream it would be worse than Saugerties. Valley Stream is were I live now.

     We moved away because my mother was sick and died.  She died from breast cancer, but lets not talk about that now.

     I had mixed feelings when we were about to move.  My feelings were happy, lonely and sad.   I was happy to leave Saugerties because they made second graders do a test with 100 math prob]ems that should be done in 5 minutes.  On the other hand I was sad because I was leavlng my only friend.

     All of our belonglngs were packed Into the car ready for the long journey ahead of us.  The three hours of the car when we pulled up in front of my grandma's house.  We soon were used to living In Valley Stream.

     One night the telephone rang and it was my father.  He called to tell us that my mother died that night in the hospital.  The only person who knew that night was my aunt.  In the morning everyone else in my family found out.  My father drove all the way from Saugerties the night before so he was there to break the news to us.  You see when we moved my father drove my sister and I there, stayed a while then left.  He could not stay with us because nobody bought our house yet.  Someone soon bought the house and my father moved in with us. We got over the pain of my mother's death soon.

     That summer was gone in a flash and It was time for my sister and I to start a new school.  My fIrst day of school was a drag, no frlends and not one famillar face.  I was so upset to find out that my flrst week would be so lonely.  Soon In a matter of days I had tons of friends.  I wasn't worried about this school belng awful anymore because they were so nice.

     Three years have past since that time, and I am plenty happy.  I still have many friends and I am now used to the way the school is set up.  The teachers are very nice.  I can't wait for next year to find out who my new teacher is and I wonder what new proiects we're going to do.

                  By Christine Gross (RWC Anne Shep)


                   The Things I Like To Do

 My name is Charlie Schnepf I am a typical fifth grade Long Islander.  The things I like to do are go to the movies,candy store,the video store,Whitey Fords (an indoor batting cage).  I also like to swim,play sports,ride my bike,rollerblade and skateboard.

 Some of my favorite sports are baseball,football,hockey and basketball.  My favorite teams are the  Dallas Cowboys,New York Yankees,New York Nicks and the New York Rangers.  I like to go to baseball games.

    I also enioy playing video games and going to arcades.I know alot about video games.  My favorite arcade is Virtual Fighters  One of my favorite hobbies is collecting baseball cards.

    I really like computers.  I have an IBM.  I have alot of programs. I just installed a new program.  It is a game sampler and has many games.  It' s an OK program.

                                Charlie Schnepf (RWC ANNE SHEP)


                            MY NEW TALENT


     Hi! How are you?  I'm doing great! I really want to tell you something.  I have a great new talent and that is singing.  The music I like to sing the most is Opera and Rythym and Blues.  I really never liked opera but when my mom told me to listen to it I thought it was great!.  Then I went to see a play on Broadway called THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.

     Now, I sing the  Phantom of the Opera songs all the time.  My mom tells me to be quiet but I still sing any way.  My aunt is a broadway singer and she wants to get me an agent to see if I could get a role in a movie or show.  I really hope to get a singing job in the future.


                 By: Christina Fusco (RWC ANNE SHEP)


                             Basketball

     I'm writing about how I play basketball.  I'm real good at it. My first game I played was when I was eight years old, now I am eleven. I was very nervous when I got on the court.  One of my teammates passed me the ball and I took a shot and the ball went in.  My team was very happy!

     One season later it was in the fourth quarter and there was flve seconds left in the game.  I was dribbling left to right and then there were two seconds left in the game.  I was in center court and I took the shot.  It rolled around the rim and went in!  I was amazed that I got it in.  All the kids on my team ran up to me and picked me up and said, "hip hip hooray."

     The last game of the season was in March 1995.  We were all warmed up before the game.  At the end of the game we won forty-eight to forty-seven.  It was a victory!

     Now my team is in the finals and we sure hope we win the championship.

By Cralg Stuono (RWC Anne Shep)


                      Why I Llke Belng an Uncle

     Hl! I am eleven years old.  My name ls Eugene Fenwlck.  I am an uncle and I have two nleces Allson and Marlsa.  Allson is three years old and Marlsa  six months old.  I like belng an uncle because it's fun golng places wlth my sister and my nleces most of the tlme.  I love watchlng them when my sister goes shopplng for them.  It's not so hard watchlng them because Allson llstens to me and sometlmes she helps out.

     I love my nleces alot and I care about them.  I wouldn't let anything happen to them.Allson follows me where ever I go and wants to come everywhere I go.

     I thlnk belng an uncle ls a very responsible job and I love belng an uncle.  Someday I wlll have chlldren of my own and I wlll know how to take care of them.

                 By: Eugene Fenwlck (RWC Anne Shep)


My Favorite Place

     My favorite place is the beach because it is fun and I play wlth my famlly.  I wear shorts because it is hot.   We take a plcnlc lunch.  I llke to surf at the beach.  I llke to play soccer, volleyball and football.

        Thls summer my family Is golng to the beach club because my family llkes to go to the beach. I thlnk  it is wonderful to go to the beach.  My uncle goes to the beach because he likes it.  My brother does not like go to the beach because the water is cold.  The children like to go to the beach and like to play in the water with their friends or brothers.  The beach is so cool.  The beach is my favorite place.

         On my birthday I go to the beach with my frlends, my brother, my dad and my  mom. My couslns  go to the beach everyday.  My favorite place  on Long Island is the beach .  I'm glad I moved here from El SALVADOR!

By Felix Murga (RWC Anne Shep)


Teacher's note: Felix arrived in the U.S. last September speaking no English. He was more motivated to work on this than any other task this year. He has come a long way.


                             Gettlng Flt

     I am wrltlng about gettlng flt.  In gym we are dolng a physlcal fitness test.  We do sit and reach, shuttle run, one mile run, pull ups, and curl ups.  Craig Stuno and I beat the record for sit and reach for fourth and fifth grade.  In fourth grade, we tied seven inches, in fifth grade we beat seven and a half and got eight inches for the sit and reach event.

     In gym we play all klnds of games.  We learn how to play many kinds of sports.  In gym we exerclse for a long time.  We also have field day In gym.  We play all klnds of games on fleld day..

     I also play football when we go outside for lunch recess.  I do lots of runnlng when I play football.  I usually run or catch the ball.

     I skateboard after school wlth my frlend Charlie.  I try to get flt after school.

                      By: Frankle Vozzi (RWC Anne Shep)


                         My Favorite Things

     I'm writing about my favorite things.  One of my favorite things is going shopping at the mall and buying hats and cassette tapes.  The mall I shop at is Green Acres Mall.  I stay there for 1 hour.

     I also like to watch T.V.  My favorlte T.V. shows are Monday Night Raw on channel 17 ( USA wrestling), The Slmpsons on channel 5 (FOX), and Rescue 911 on channel 2 (CBS).

     I also like to play vldeo games.  My favorites are MKII, NBA JAM, SUPER STREET FIGHTER II, DONKEY KONG COUNTRY, and F ZERO . I'm really good at all of them.  I have Super Nintendo and Sega.

     I also llke to listen to the radio.  The bands I like are Green Day , Pearl Jam , and Soundgarden.  When I do my homework I listen to all my tapes in my room.  At night I listen to the radlo.

     The last favorite thlng I like to o ls to play baseball.  I play on a team.    The name of the team I play on is The Blue Jays.  I like to play 2nd base.  Some of my friends are on my team and  their names are Kevin, Joey, and Craig.

                   By: George Bllly (RWC AnneShep)



                               My  New Pet

     Hi!  My story is about my new cat.  My cat's name ls Simba.  She ls white wlth black and brown spots.  I was really happy when she came to my house.  She loves when people pay attention to her.  She also loves when I hug her.  Sometimes she even hugs back -that's only if she likes you very much like me and my brother .

     My brother bought Simba for me because when I was smaller we had a cat the same color.  They were practically alike but my other cat died.   If you saw her you would say "Oh can I have her,she is so cute".  I would say "Sorry you can't have her she's mine !  Now I really can't wait to get home to see her because just thlnklng of her makes me want to run out the door right now!

By Jennifer Adler (R.W.C. AnneShep)


                          MY NEW PET FERRET


     Boy! Would it be great if I could get another pet.  My birthday is January sixteenth and that means my blrthday is only slx days away so there just mlght be a chance that my mother would let me have another anlmal.  But then there was my grandmother -Just standlng there- rlght ln front of me saylng "no" to whatever came out of my mouth.

     Anyway I'm ln the Llbrary searching through books for posslble anlmals I

just mlght be able to get. Hmmmmmnm.........I thought. What doesn't

make any nolse and wlll stay conflned to a cage for the rest of it's

llfe?   I stlll thought that a ferret would be a nlce animal.

     Sitting in my room doing nothing was my occupation by now.  But today I quit my job. I had something to think about .  Today I was thinking about what my new ferret would look like.  Maybe dark wlth a little white patch on his or her face.  I hope my ferret is ticklish and likes outdoors.

     A few days later my mother sald yes to a ferret so a day before my birthday my mother took me to the pet shop to pick out the ferret that I wanted.  When I woke up the next day the second I opened my eyes I got out of my bed so fast that I never realized my door was shut so I got a face full of door.  After dlnner I found an even blgger surprise ! lnstead of one ferret ,there was two .One was black wlth a whlte patch on her face and the other was a salt and pepper colored boy!  And that was the best birthday present ever.

            BY JENNIFER CLIFFORD (R.W.CARBONARO ANNE SHEP)


                            Getting Fit


    I am getting fit right now for the fitness test tomorrow. We rank ourselves by the JFK system. I have never been perfectly fit but hope to be someday.  The flve events we do are the shuttle run, the mile run/walk, pull ups, sit-ups, and sit and reach.  I always had a hard time with the sit and reach, but this year is different.  I am having trouble with sit ups.  Don't get me wrong I do have confidence in the mile run and shuttle run.  I had always come close to making a record but never did.  I feel a little more confident because I have been jogging, doing pushups, and practicing all the events.

     On the first week we did the sit and reach and pull ups.  I feel loosened up because we just ran for eight minutes.  But now I have to go first.  I feel confident enough and think I can do it.  Yes! I made the presidential level on both of the events.  The week after that, we dld the shuttle run and sit ups.  I finished second in the shuttle run but I lost all my confldence when we were golng to do the sit ups.  Even though I wasn't confident, I made it.  Now we are doing the mile run and I made the presidential level for that and everything else.  Now that I got an award for getting all presidential levels I don't think I will ever lack confidence in getting fit.

By:  Joey Gallagher (R.W.C. ANNESHEP)


                        When My Family Moved

     My family packed today.  We're movlng next week.  I don't really want to move because of my friends.  I really have no choice though because my dad got a new job.  My famlly ls golng to mlss all their frlends and neighbors.  So it's a blg deal for my family and me.

     The good thlngs about movlng are that I mlght flnd new friends, and there mlght be better people on my block so every thlng wlll be back to normal.

     What if I don't find better people on my block and what if I don't find new friends?  I can't take that chance so I'd rather stay here than move.  There are so many thlngs to do here such as to play Sega, watch TV and many other cool thlngs.  My frlends are fun to play wlth.  They play soccer, football, basketball, and baseball wlth me.  I mlght have frlends that do not want to do all those things.

By Joshua Shlrlan (RWC Anne Shep)


                        THE BEST OF FRIENDS

     My best friends are Whitney Barnett-Rodes, my twin sister Kristyn Boccia, Adriana  Izquierdo and Yael Pesahovitz.  We are the best of friends.  Everyday we meet at lunch time and play.  We do all sort of things.  On weekends we go to each others houses,go to parks and movies etc.    We all have a lot of fun.  We all have a lot of things In common.  We  llke animals ,books,games and especlally boys.  We talk about boys!.  We discuss what we want to be when we grow up.  But we thlnk it is too early to decide what we will do wlth the rest of our lives.  We like a lot of thlngs- plzza,boys,movies and much more. There isn't a lot of things to do outside so we make the best of it! We hope our families decide not to move but one of us will soon.  We love to talk about Whitney's cat "BulIwinkle" and the dog I want to get.  We talk about the responsibilities for the animal.  You can call us weird but we're still the best of friends.  We never want to be separated. Sometimes two of us want to talk to each other privately and sometimes one of my friends will be mad.  But after we make up sometimes it feels like no one ever got mad.  All the difficulties we go through all get solved.  It's hard to communicate because we're all in different classes.  We all get along so we'll always be friends. No matter what happens we stick up for each other and keep in touch. That's what friends are all about.

                   By:Justine Boccia (RWC ANNESHEP)


              HOW I LIKE BASEBALL AND BASEBALL PLAYERS

     When I am older I want to be a baseball player Just llke Don Mattlngly.  I have liked Don Mattingly and the Yankees ever slnce I was three years old.  Everybody calls Don Mattingly the Hit Man.

     I love baseball.  It is the only sport I really like.  Baseball has been golng on for elghty slx years.  If you can't play it's pretty easy to learn.  The only thlng you need ls a glove, a ball, and a bat. You use the glove to catch the ball and the bat to hit the ball.

     They started making baseball cards in 1948.  The cards were called Tops.

     Thls year I am playlng on the V.F.W. Mets.  My posltlon is short stop and second base.  I call our team Very Few Wins because we never wln.  If we won it would be a miracle!

  I hit 21 homeruns last year so I hope I will hit more this year and help the team wln more games.

       I hope you enjoyed reading my story and have a ball hitting day.


By: Kyle Zlmmerman (RWC Anne Shep)


                           MY NEW FRIENDS

     I just got two cuddly, cute kittens.  Their colors are beige and red,and their names are Rusty and Ginger. Ginger is a girl and Rusty is a boy.  I was so happy when I got them because my old cat died.  My brother, sister-in-law, dad, mom , and I went to get them.  They were so friendly, but a little scared at first, because they didn't know where they were.

     I think they really like my house , I hope!  When I got them they were a few weeks old, in the month of July.  On July 24th they will turn 1!

   A few weeks ago my brother brought over his dog.  He has three but only one came over and  Nlno is a boxer mix.  Only Rusty met Nlno because Rusty is a little friendlier.

     My mom  favors Rusty, and I favor Ginger. Ginger likes to hide alot , and Rusty likes to play more.

    When my parents and I went to Florida, we brought them back little shirts.  Rusty's said Hi,I'm The Little Brother!", and Glnger's said " I'm Beary Happy!" wlth a bear.  I am so happy to have them!

 By: Laura Laccetti (RWC ANNE SHEP)


                                My Cat

     I like my cat a lot.  I got hlm about 5 or 6 years ago.  His name is Coatons, although I usually call him Embatos.  I got him because my other cat, Buttons fell out of our apartment window.  (I was still llvlng ln New York City at the time.)  I was very sad when he died, and I cried a lot.  Before Buttons, I had two other cats named Fuzzy and Hugo.  Hugo was very violent and had to be sent to the funny farm. Fuzzy had cancer and had to be put to sleep.  But a few months later, when I got Coatons, I was very excited.  My dad had told me he had gotten him from a frlend at hls work.  He also told me that lf thls cat dled, I wouldn't get another one for a whlle.  I got hlm to keep me company and to have someone to play wlth.

     Coatons is orange with brown stripes.  This makes him look like a tiger.  That's what my dad sometimes calls him.

     I like him because he's cute, he likes to play with me, and he doesn't scratch anyone unless they hurt him or he's in a playful mood. He's an outdoor cat and a lot of the neighborhood cats are his friends.

     The biggest thing I don't like about him is that, like most cats, he scratches our furniture, especially a $2,000 rug we inherited from my dad's aunt Hazel when she died a few months ago.  My mom wants to get him declawed, but I hope she doesn't.

     Agaln, I really like Coatons a lot.  My dad said he's about 21 in cat-years.

               By Laurens Thibideau (R.W.C. AnneShep)


                 HOW IT MUST FEEL TO BE SOMEONE ELSE


     Dld you ever wonder what it would be like if you were someone else.....



               Roamlng Hollywood like a king or a queen,

               Wearing diamonds and pearls of lush

               Everyone' s gathered at the awards ceremony,

               In their dresses of sequins and tuxedos of black.

               All quietly sitting in a comfortable chair

               Waiting to hear the new owner of the Oscar

               If you win that Oscar of gold you have the perfect place for it!

               On top of the fireplace in a case of glass

              10,9,8,7, Sally Field will pull the slip of paper out of the

                 envelope.

               3,2,1, and the wlnner is

               A moment of suspense--

                             IT IS YOU!

               Getting up with an uncertain smile                                                                               

               Giving a speech of thanks and praise, you return merrily to your seat.

                                            By: Liana Valletti (RWC AnneShep)


                            Mononucleosis

     When I was little I had a dlsease called Mononucleosis.  This disease is very contagious.  If you have Mono you are very,very tired. When I had mono I had to go to the doctor every Monday for a shot.

     Having mono was not much fun.   I was in pain and  I slept most of the time.  I felt awful! I had a back ache,a sore throat, and a fever.  My fever lasted for days.  It was between 100-104.

    The good part about Mono was that I was out of school for four months.  When I was sick I got lots of presents and attention. Besides that I was quiet.  Now I am much better and I hope I do not get it again.

               By:  Melissa Bingham (R.W.C. Anne Shep)


                          MY FAVORITE PLACE

     My favorite place is the beach because I like to surf, go boogie boarding, play volley ball and frisby.  Thls summer my family is golng to a beach club in Atlantic Beach.  I think it is cool because you get your own little room with a shower and a little refrigerator for food and drinks.  They also have camp, a pool, video arcade and a restaurant.  I am allowed to bring some friends whenever I want to.

     I am going to Florida in two weeks.  When I go to Florida I meet my aunt and uncle.  I like the beach in Florida because there are big waves and because it is hot.  There is a little restaurant that my family goes to for lunch.  Then we go back to the beach and I make sand castles wlth my little sister.  That is why I like the beach so much.

                  By: Michael Luckert (RWC ANNE SHEP)


                            When I Moved

     When I moved I said goodbye to my old friends and hello to some new friends.  I was on a noisy street across Sunrise Highway in Valley Stream.  Now I live on a nice quiet block across the street from R. W. Carbonaro School.   That is the school that I go to.

     When I was moving some of my toys broke.  They were toys from when I was little so I really don't care.  My mom is still looking for some of the things that she packed.  A few weeks later my mom gave up looking for the kitchen supplies that she packed away.

     Now I have a backyard for my dog.  On the first week or so it felt a little weird sleeping in my room because I didn 't know who slept in my room before me. 

     Sometimes I think about my old house. One thing that I like better about my new house is that the basement is bigger and warmer.  In my old house the basement had no heat and it was small.  Overall, I like my new house much more.

                 By:Nick Lipira (R. W. C. Anne Shep)


                           MY HARDEST TIME

     I was happy and perky one Monday afternoon.  I had finished and put my report together.  I walked over to my couch and all of a sudden it felt like my heart skipped a beat.  I-I saw my cat on the floor not breathing - not moving.  I ran upstairs to tell my mom.  My mom came

upstairs from the basement in sobs. I asked is she......dead? My momnodded slowly.  My stomach felt like it was in my throat.

     I started  sobbing and  so did my brother Scott.  I could not stop crying for an hour.  I felt like I had lost a  part of me.

     My mom had gotten my cat as a tiny kitten even before she had met my dad.  My cat's name was Dippy.  Dippy was there every day since I was born.

     My family started to remember the adorable things she used to do. We all thought of so many good things about her.  We had a funeral for her.  We buried her in  our backyard.  My dad cut a piece of wood and made it into a cross.  My brother and I wrote her name on the cross. My family and I stuck the cross by her grave in the backyard.

     Now I still feel there is a part of me missing.  Sometimes when I stay home alone I am used to her staying  with me and comforting me so I miss her even more. I sit up in my bed at night and pray for her.  I loved Dippy and always will love her.

                 By: Noelle Panzarino (RWC Anne Shep)


                             My Concert

    I play the drums.  Last night I had a concert at South High. Before the concert we had to wait in room 313, an instrumental muslc room.  There was a piano in the room and Jordan, a sixth grader, played some songs by heart.  Soon 7:30 came around and it was time for the concert.  We played General Greene, Londonderry Ballad,  Beauty and the Beast, Land of the Free and New York, New York.  I played in New York, New York on snare drum and Beauty and the Beast on bass drum.  Everyone applauded and I was glad we dld well. By Aaron Hendel - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                             My Bedroom

     My bedroom is a very special place for me.  I had my own privacy and I didn't have to deal with my brothers.  I kept myself safe because there was a lock.  I spent lots of time there.  I had my legos, my own T.V. and my racecar bed.  Boy, I mlss lt.  The reason I miss it is because I don't have my speclal place anymore.  Why?  When I was about 7, my sister was born.  That changed everything.  She needed a room to sleep In.  My parents declded that she should have my room.  But guess what?  It's three years and she doesn't even sleep in it.  Instead she sleeps with my mom and dad between them. 

By Anthony Latona - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                           My Thinklng Spot

     My thinking spot is different than others, actually I have two: the first one is my hammock and the second one is in the corner of my  basement.  One time while I was thinking on my hammock it flipped and I rolled over.  In the corner of my basement nothing really happens. I know there is alot more in my house but these two spots are the best quiet spots.

             By August Politano - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                          JOHN'S  DOG'S DOOM

Dedlcated to Bandit- who gave  up a good chase!

    One day (actually March 26,1995) Rob and I were looking at a book.  Suddenly a small Jack-Russell-Terrier ran by.  Rob sald "Hey! That is John's dog!"

   I said "No, it can't be."

 " It has a patch on it's eye so it must be." sald Rob. 

  "No alot of dogs have patches on their eyes." I said.  Then the dog barked.  It had the same squeaky bark as John's dog. ( By the way, the dog's name is Bandit.)  Well, that convinced me that it was Bandit!

     Bandit turned and went around the corner.  I told my Dad, Mom and Steve. (He is my dad's friend).  They thought I was joking, but I convinced them.  So I got my bike and rode around the block.  I saw a lady with the dog.  She said, "Excuse me do you know who this dog belongs to?"

  "Yes I do.  His name is Bandit." I said.  We brought the dog around the block.  Al (he's John's dad)  was standlng outside wlth my mom.  Al said "Bandit is in his cage."  He went to check and see if Bandit was there.  "Well, I thought he was in there.  Where ls this lady?" he asked. 

  I sald, "She ls comlng around the block."  Al, Mom, Kim and Rob and Iwent around the block and got the dog.

    The dog was safe and my reward was an ice cream cone! Cool Huh!

              By:  Brlan Devine - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                          My Favorite Sport

     My nameis Bridget Amitrano and I live in Valley Stream.  I think it is an outrageous place to live because of all the sports.  My favorite sport is swlmmlng!  I am on the Hewlett and Valley Stream swlm teams.  My dad is the coach and my mom and my aunt are the assistant coaches.  Also my couslns, and my brother and slster are on the team wlth me.  This is a real family sport!  In the summer, I  am on the Valley Stream swim team, and I swim against my cousins, and I don't like swimming against them!  In the winter, I practice everyday except on Friday, and in the summer I practice every day, morning and night.  In the summer my coaches are P.J, Billy and Kevin.  In the wlnter you know who my coaches are.  When my dad SCREAMS I feel embarrassed and mad, because then everyone looks at you.  You would feel the same way!  I get angry because I always ask my dad not to scream!  When I get up on the block I feel a little scared and nervous!  But when everybody is cheerlng for me I feel proud, great, courageous and the best!  In swimming I am the best In Nassau County, for the breaststroke and butterfly.  When I look at the record board I feel proud of myself!   I LOVE SWIMMING!

             By Bridget Amitrano - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                         Valley Stream Story

     One of the most memorable events that happened to me in Valley Stream was the day my soccer coach called and asked me to play on the'85 girls travel team.  When he called and asked me I was very surprised but also very happy.  The first season we played we never lost a game.  The last game we tied, but we still came in first place. This year we never lost but we lost the State Cup game.

             By Colleen Norcott - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                      My Life In Valley Stream

        Hi!  My name is Danielle Benko.  I go to the Carbonaro school in Valley Stream.  Valley Stream is a nlce place to live.  There is always something golng on here.  There are sports like soccer, hockey, basketball, and baseball.  I do kickline and used to play soccer.  I like to go to Marc's Stationery Store.  I like to go there with my friends, and sometimes by myself.  I have two albino frogs, one fish, and one hamster.  I have a brother, sister, mother, and father living ln my house.

              By Danielle Benko - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                              Clubhouse

     One day my friends and I built a clubhouse.  The clubhouse was on the bank of a creek.  Everyday I would go there.  Whenever I was sad or mad I used to go there.  We made a little spot for a fishing pole and we caught tadpoles and little flsh.  The creek was connected to a bay and for my birthday I went to the bay and saw alot of big fish.

     One day I went to the creek and the clubhouse was gone.  The cops ripped it down because it was on public property.  If you go there you can stlll see the nails ln the tree.

                   By Danny Perrino - (A Sommella)


                      My Life in Valley Stream

     The best thlng about llving in Valley Stream is the sports.  I get to play sports all year.  In the fall I play football.  In the winter I play basketball.  I like basketball but it's not my favorlte. We did get to be in the playoffs though! 

In spring I play soccer. This is my favorite sport.  I llke it so much that in the summer I go to Noga Soccer Camp In Garden City.  The people that teach us are from Europe.  I went there for two weeks.  The first week that I was there, I was on the Manchester United Team.  I met a friend and his name was Danny.  The second week I went, I saw three of my school friends: Chris Longo, August Politano, and Eddie Politano.  We got to be on the same team except for Eddie.  It's only a day camp so the worst part Is getting up at 7 a.m. everyday.  We play soccer all morning then we have tlme to go swimming and have lunch.  Then we play again.  My llfe In Valley Stream is fun and I hope I never move.

            By Eric Schwasnlck - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                            Valley Stream

     Hello! My name is GinaMarie.  I'm in the fourth grade in Ms. Sommella's class.  I love Vally Stream because that's where I live.  I love to go to the creek and the playgrounds.  The other best thlng ls my school, R.W Carbonaro.   I love to read books and we read alot of books in school.  My favorlte book is Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing.  I play drums and I'm in the school band.  The best part about school is my friends. They're what makes school cool.

           By GinaMarie D'Angelo - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                           VALLEY STREAM

    I llke Valley  Stream because it's beautiful and happy.  The creeks are filled with tadpoles and ducks. The Canada geese stop by every sprlng and fall. Valley Stream has beautiful flowers and all different houses and schools.There are all different kinds  of people, tan, white and black.They help make Valley Stream a great place to live!

             By:Heather Jakobsen - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                              Soccer

     I am on a soccer team and it's a good team.  In soccer, I won two trophies.  I am mostly a halfback.  My favorite halfback position is center halfback.  My favorite position is forward.  My two trophies are for second and third place.  My team this year is the Wildcats. We have one win and one tie.  We are tied for first place.

     By Jamie Cohen - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                              When I First Came To R.W.Carbonaro!

     Hello! I am from Ms. Sommella's 4th grade class at R.W.Carbonaro. I came to Carbonaro in the thlrd grade. I felt nervous and scared. I had no friends and I thought I would never make any friends. My first day at school I met Danny and he made me feel at home. Pretty soonn everyone else made me feel O.K. I wasn't scared anymore. And this year I am happy at school. By the way, to make it even better -  my best friend lives next door to me!

              By: John Borroni - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                            Valley Stream

     Valley Stream is a nice place to live.  There are lots of birds and animals here.  There are lots of thlngs to do in Valley Stream too, like football, and hockey in the winter and baseball, swimming and rollerblading in the summer.  But what I like to do most of all is go to the park with my friends.  When we go to the park, either Barrett or Woodmere, we have lots of fun. Woodmere Park has a maze we love to play in.  We play tag and we always get lost.  Just when I think I'm really lost, my friends sneak up and tag me. I scream and iump out of my skin.  But at the end I always laugh.

            By:  Kristin Riveiro - Carbonaro ( A Sommella)


                              My Pets

     Hi!  My name is Lauren Greenberg.  I'm going to tell you about pets.  Well, I have five pets in my house.  I have  one dog, one bird, one hermit crab and two hamsters.  My dog likes to run around in the park.  He also likes his rawhides and milk biscuits.  My bird flies around in her cage.  My hermit crab just crawls around in the sand. My hamsters just eat and sleep.  My dog is a Black Lab, my bird is a Cockateel, one of my hamsters is golden, the other one is a short haired hamster and my hermit crab is a sand crab.

            Lauren Greenberg - Carbonaro (A.Sommella)


                         My favorite Sport

     Hi!  My name is Matthew Nolan.  My favorite sport is basketball, but I don't play on a team.  I play in my driveway.  We have a basketball hoop built on the side of our driveway on the edge of the grass.  When I play with my friends, I feel happy and cool.  I love how I feel when I shoot.  Swish... into the basket.  It's a great feeling.  I just love basketball.

              By Matthew Nolan - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                    My First Day at R.W Carbonaro School

     The first day at my new school was pretty scary.  I was going into third grade.  I did not know anyone.  Then Mrs. Carr, my teacher, introduced me to everyone.  I was very embarrassed but then Ricky said that he would be my friend.  That day Ricky and I had alot of fun.  Soon we would be best friends.  Later on, I made more friends. I really like this school.  And I"m glad Ricky is still my best friend.

              By Meloven Brown - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                       MY HOME IN VALLEY STREAM.

                           By: Mike Hoddinott

                Dedicated to the Town of Valley Stream



     I love my home Valley Stream.  Valley Stream is, pretty nice, beautiful, great and the BEST in every way.  I love Valley Stream.  I play baseball and football. 

     As far as instruments go, I play trumpet and recorder. They are both fun.  Occasionally we will have a magor crisis like guns shooting in the middle of the night.

    My mom and uncles went to Hungry Harbor Road School  ( known now as R. W. Carbonaro) .

    Did you know Valley Stream is sooo sooo sooo old that the land my.house is on was farm land and the house behind my house was the farm house.

  Valley Stream is a great place to live!

                        My Favorite President

    My favorite president is Abraham Lincoln.  He is my favorite because he freed the slaves.  I believe everyone has equal rights and Abe Lincoln was very brave when he stood up for what he believed in and went against a lot of people.  It was brave people like hlm that helped to make America a cool place to live.  That's why living in Valley Stream is so cool, too.  We can all live together and get along.

           By:  Peter Gajkowski -( Carbonaro A Sommella)


                        Having a Best Friend

     When I moved to Valley Stream I was four years old. I did not have any friends. Then I went to nursery school and made new friends. I played wlth my friends everyday. I had lots of fun.

     After nursery school I started at R.W. Carbonaro.  It was scary. I thought I wouldn't have any friends again.  I made lots of friends and I did not feel lonely anymore.

     Finally in third grade, a new kid came to class.  Now he's my best frlend.  So now I have lots of friends and a best friend.

               By Richard Pinero - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                             THE SOCCER GAME

 One time when I played soccer it was almost a disaster.  The first thing, I got hit with the ball and then fell over it. That's when my friend Kyle tripped over me.  Everybody laughed at us. When I was goalie my friend's sister drop kicked the ball and the ball bounced on my head, then down into my hands. Luckily I kept the other team from scoring.  Playing soccer can be so crazy!

           By Robert Franceschetti - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                         Samantha In Valley Stream

     In Valley Stream, there are many after school activities.  One of these ls kickline.  Every Thursday for the last flve years I have been on the kickline squad.  My teacher is Miss Edie.  My dad calls her Miss 45 because she charges $45.00 for everything!  She has highschool girls worklng for her.  We practice all year for our June recital.  We wear costumes.  Most of my frlends are on the kickline squad.  We all love to dance.

               Samantha Mirth - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                            Valley Stream

     Valley Stream is a great place.  There are many streams and ponds.  Valley Stream has different sports, too. I play lacrosse and baseball.  We have carnivals in the Village Green.  Snapple's maln office is in Valley Stream.  Pogs are very popular, almost every store has them.  My favorlte place to go is the plzza parlor in Gibson and the candy store.  My favorite thlng to do is go on a  train rlde to New York City.  I see wrestling events.  Valley Stream is a great place.

 By Sean Tobln - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                            Valley Stream

     I was playing football and we did a play were we pitched the ball to Auggie, a friend of mine.  I blocked for him and he made a 100 yard run.  Later in the game I caught a few passes! We still lost the game 14-7.  I'm going to play basketball this year only.  Every other year I'm going to play football and lacrosse and  maybe some baseball.  When I play basketball I might be able to jam because the hoop is only 8 1/2 feet tall.  My hobbies are collecting and playing magic cards, playing baseball, football, lacrosse and basketball.  This year school was cool with Ms.Sommella.

              By Tommy Iglesias - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


                       My Valley Stream Ghost

     One night, I, Zully Carvajales was watching Snick at Night in the family room. My mom, sister and brother were in my mom's room and my dad was at work. All of a sudden, I felt my uncle's spirit open the door to the family room and then touch my head. I screamed really loud and ran up the stairs as fast as I could. I started to cry because my uncle is dead.  I was sure he was trying to tell me something. I was his favorite out of my brother and sister.  When I was small he gave me a four knuckle ring. It was all gold.  I dldn't want it, but he wanted me to have it to remember hlm by. After I felt his spirit, I went upstairs and thought about my uncle and the ring he gave me.          

            Zully Carvajales - Carbonaro (A Sommella)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"