Travis Walton Case

      To:  Jim Hill                   Message #:  2277
    From:  Patrick Briggs             Submitted:  07 Dec 91 12:07:00 
 Subject:  Travis Walton Case    1/      Status:  Public
Received:  No                             Group:  UFO (15)

MSGID: 1:344/60.0 294129ea
JH>Could you tell us the basic events of this case?  Thanks in advance.

The "Travis Walton Case" as its been dubbed took place on November 15
1975 at a logging sight near Herber, AZ.  Travis Walton, age 22 at the
time, was a member of a seven-man crew headed by Michael H. Rogers, age
28.  The crew was thinning and stacking timber in the Turkey Springs
area of the Sitgreaves National Forest, located in the mountains of
east-central Arizona.  As Rogers described the incident in a
tape-recorded interview three days lqater, the crew had quit work around
dusk, at about 6:00 pm., on Wednesday, November 5, 1975, was heading up
a rough logging road for the ride back home to Snowflake, roughly
forty-five miles away, via the small village of Herber.  Allen Dalis,
age 21, sitting in the rear of the truck, reportedly was the first to
see a yellowish glow through the heavy timber.  When the truck reached a
clearing, both Dalis and Travis Walton, who was sitting in the front
seat next to the door, reported seeing a saucer-shaped object hovering
less than one hundred feet off the road, directly over a "slash-pile" of
cut timber.  Rogers said the object was about fifteen feet in diameter
and "looked like a flying saucer . . . something I'd seen pictures of .
. . . "

Travis yelled for Rogers to stop the truck, but before he could do so
young Walton opened the door, leaped out and walked toward and neared
the object.  Travis later recalls: "I got out of the truck and walked
towards it.  This may have been a foolish thing but I thought that it
might just take off.  I got out and tried to get a better
look.  This was not just a point of light in the sky.. it was very
close, you could have thrown a rock and hit it."

All the other FIVE men watched as Travis approached the object.
Suddenly, however, Travis was struck by an intense blue-green light that
resembled a lighting stroke.  The resulting explosive force of the
defensive beam threw Travis back ten feet unconcious.  Stunned and very
fearful of what had happened, Mike Rogers turned the truck around and
made a quick hasty exit to get away from the thing.  About 1/4 mile down
the road Mike ragained his sensed realizing what he had just done
leaving his friend back there all alone.  Mike: "I realized about 1/4
mile down the road that I had just taken off and left him back there.  I
turned the truck around and headed back.. several of the men didn't want
that at all.. they were very afraid of what could happen to them if they
went back to the sight."  After finding the sight once again, no trace
of Travis remained.  "The thing was gone.  Travis was gone.  It was a
very traumatic experience; the most traumatic experience I've ever
encountered. Some thing not of this world simply had taken Travis and he
was just not there. What would we do?  All we could think of was to go
to the authorities."

And so they did.  Mike and the rest of the men contacted the Sherrif's
office in nearby Holbrook.  The Sheriff from Holbrook was cautious but
not completely dis-believing.  A masive man hunt was undertaken under
the Sheriff's directions to search for any sign of Travis.  No signs
were left but the blacken burnt slash left by the object from where
it hovered above.   The Sheriff from Holbrook then suspected the men and
murdered Travis and buried his body in the woods and that they were
using the UFO story as an Aliby.  A tough series of grueling hours were
spent in interrogation but resulted in nothing very conclusive to the
Sheriff.  All five men agreed to take a lie detector test to try and
prove what they saw was indeed very real to them and traumatic. C.E.
Gilson administered the polygraph examination reporting that it was the
first time he had some many people to work with regarding the same
event.  Careful hours of work were put into the polygraph examination to
eliminate any possiblities of complications due to anxiety.  The test
report as followed: "These polygraph examinations positively prove that
these five men did see something they believe was a UFO and that Travis
Walton was not injured or murdered by any of these men, on that
Wednesday 5th of November 1975.  If an actual UFO did not exist and the
UFO was a manmande hoax, five of these men had no prior knowlege of a
hoax."  Signed C.E. Gilson, polygraph examiner.

Five days had passed before Travis finally returned.  It was shortly
after midnight when Travis called his sister's home and her husband,
Grant Neff, answered.  Travis's voice sounded so befuddled, Neff later
said, that he first thought the caller was an intoxicated hoaxer and so
he started to hang up until Travis screamed his identity and begged for
help.  Travis was calling from a pay phone at the Enco gas station near
Heber.  Later they found Travis collapsed on the floor of the phone
booth.  Travis stood to stand "inspection" later where there was no
bruises or burns except for a small red scabe-mark on the inside crease
of the right elbow.  Later blood testing would reveal no drugs present
in Travis's body ruling out drug use as a hoax motive.  Travis had lost
ten pounds during the five days he was missing and was physically
drained.

Later after lots of recouperation, Travis would relate a remarkable
story:

"When I felt the numbing shock, I black out.  The next thing I remember
was regaining consciousness.  I was laying on my back on a table, my
head was not very clear and I was in a lot of pain.  The room I was in
resembled a hospital and thats exactly where I thought I was."  Travis
then observed two beings standing over him that terrified him to the
breaking point.  "I was standing in front of these two things standing
there looking at me, these huge eyes just seem to just look right
through me. I didn't get much impression of emotion; just a kind of
observing sort of emotion to them. The just stood there looking at me
>>> Continued to next message
___
 X SLMR 2.0 X Remember.. someone is taking notes on our every move!

--- Maximus 2.00
 * Origin: Hartmann Medical's MAXIMUS BBS 1-509-884-7803 HST DS (1:344/60)
=-=-=-=-=
      To:  Jim Hill                   Message #:  2278 
    From:  Patrick Briggs             Submitted:  07 Dec 91 12:07:00  
 Subject:  Travis Walton Case    2/      Status:  Public
Received:  No                             Group:  UFO (15)

MSGID: 1:344/60.0 294129ec
>>> Continued from previous message
and ham those huge eyes! It looked very much like they knew exactly what
I was thinking and feeling. These huge eyes were like a window opening
and shutting.. I just couldn't bare their gaze." Travis grabed a tubular
shaped object that was laying over his chest and took a defesive
posture.  The two alien beings telepathically felt what Travis was
experiencing and left the room noticing an out of control situation.
Travis then took off through a door down the hallway into another room.
He approached what appeared to be a control console in the arms of a
chair.  "There was a lever there and when I moved that the star pattern
in front of me moved. It was very disorienting because I saw this
pattern move and it felt like I was moving as well..  I figured I better
not play with that feeling that I might crash this thing or something. I
had by that time surmised that I was in some sort of craft and connected
it with what happened earlier in the woods." A new being then entered
the room but appeared very much humanoid in appearance. "This man was
not like those humanoid things I saw ealier. This looked like a human
being.. like a man in a blue uniform. I went up to him thinking that I
was being saved, that I was being rescued. " Travis interrogated this
tall figure but got no response.  "I could get him to talk to me.. it
was clear he couldn't really understand what I was saying."  Travis was
probed quickly on down the hallway.  "A door opened halfway down the
hall and the air was very much fresher and easier to breath than the air
I was in.  The air inside the craft was very heavy and moist..
stifeling." He was then probed quickly on down through some doors in a
hallway to another room.  There were two more of these human figures who
were very muscular in appearance.  Travis was detained by the three
figures and placed into an unusual contraption resembling an examination
chair.  He was then put out of conciousness once again and
later remembered waking up five days later dumped in the middle of
nowhere.

"The thing that has brought more frustration into my life as a result
of all of this happening is the fact that people don't see me anymore,
me as a person.  I get this feeling of invisiblity because of this
thing. Every contact I have with people is filtered through the
distorting lens of something that just happened to me 15 years ago.  I'm
not a deceiving liar or crack pot space cadet sort of person.  This just
happened to me; it could have happened to anyone!"

To this day.. many hail Travis's courage while others still accuse him
of being a liar.

*** END of file

My personal opinion of this case as presented is this:  I don't feel
much urge to rule this case a hoax based on the enormous emotional
strain these five men would go through in trying to relate what they
experience.  This is the first documented case in which authorities were
notified and of which five witnesses were of value throughout the case.
This case was thouroughly investigated by law enforcement plus countless
numbers of UFO investigative teams.  The resulting conclusions based on
the case as researched would virtually rule out a hoax except for
several minor details that some seem to latch onto regarding the work
history of Mike Rogers in regards to his logging contracts which I won't
go into details here.  The experience in which Travis related has
merit and deserves attention.  It is my feeling that Travis did
experience something very frighting to him and his friends and I wish
him luck in dealing with the public in general.

Put yourself in his shoes.  If you went through this kind of
experience, how would you tell someone about it without being
really "alienated" to the point of no longer being a person anymore?
This is exactly what many UFO cases end up doing to people.. Their
personal lives are ruined and they get rediculed and torn apart like a
slave. UFO cases still remain a deeply personal experience and often
times its traumatic in deeling with the fears in relation to it but even
harder to deal with people's own lack of feeling.  Until the UFO
situation is resolved when we've matured enough as a human race, the
wars of this controversy continue. It appears very much that we're
making a bad example of ourselves if such advanced beings should pear
down at us.  I should hope that the negativity we empart on Earth's
environment and onto ourselves shall end soon.  Does it in the least bit
appear that we need some work?  I think we need time to understand
Love and what it truely means.  Love yourself, Love others, Love Earth!
Only when were rid of negativity and have purged the old styles of
thinking shall be granted the permission of outer space unity with
others.  Can we accomplish this!  I believe very much yes..  To your
long lives and health I bid to you.

Patrick
___
 X SLMR 2.0 X Remember.. someone is taking notes on our every move!

--- Maximus 2.00
 * Origin: Hartmann Medical's MAXIMUS BBS 1-509-884-7803 HST DS (1:344/60)
=-=-=-=-=

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"