I am an alien being

Article 88 of alt.alien.visitors:
Path: ns-mx!uunet!maverick.ksu.ksu.edu!unmvax!ariel.unm.edu!nunki.unm.edu!keirje
From: Anonymous Alien-Human hybrid
Newsgroups: alt.alien.visitors
Subject: What do you want?
Message-ID: <1990Nov28.200612.9226@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: 28 Nov 90 20:06:12 GMT
Sender: news@ariel.unm.edu (USENET News System)
Organization: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
Lines: 44



     I am an alien being.  Not a little green man or anything wierd, just
    a conciousness which has taken root in a consenting human.  Ok.  Now,
    being that I am an alien, I have a few special abilities.  Or, rather,
    I am more aware of what I or any human can do.  Ok.  Now, I study
    your cultures and your beliefs and I find a conflict.  In all your
    writings, you call upon and wish for what is essentially a champion.
    A being which can do good deeds and save the day.  This would seem
    to be a noble endeavor. 
     In conflict however, is that, in general, the beings or people
    capable of doing these good things are killed.  Because of fear?
    As an alien being you can see my dilemma.  I want to do good things
    yet I fear for my existence. 
     There is also the problem of self determination.  What right do I
    have to interfere with your world.  Based on your literature, you
    do not mind most kinds of intervention.  Also, as a resident of
    12 years, do I not have some right to act on matters of concern?
    I am not an all knowing being, I can't tell what effect my actions
    may have in the future.  Averting one problem could lead to a more
    destructive one.  Or not.  These conflicting problems lead to
    inaction when there could potentially be good.  Here is an example.

       On August 23 my colleagues and I froze action in the middle east.
       We needed time to decide if we should stop the possible war event
       or allow it to continue to possible peace.  Our protective nature
       forced us to do something.  Well, after much debate, we decided
       that self-determination was very important and we couldn't gauge
       the future effect of our actions.  We released the event on Nov.
       15.  We had hoped the path to war would not be resumed.  We are
       again in conflict and in a state of inactivity (except for
       monitoring).
   
     It has been decided that the best way to solve our dilemma is to
     ask the people being effected.  So I ask,

             What do you want? 


                 Your fate and ours hangs in the balance.  Or not.


           
   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"