Law Students Live Chat 08/30/95

 Subject:  Law Students Live Chat  08/30/95

Author:  Chreee and gang

Uploaded By:  Chreee

Date:  9/14/1995


File:  LSO830.LOG (18719 bytes) 

Estimated Download Time (17541 baud):  < 1 minute

Download Count:  341


Equipment:  Viewer or word processor



allment of the law students online chat logs.  Hope to see everyone again next week!


Chat log for LAW STUDENTS ONLINE

Wednesday, August 30, 1995

10:30 - 11:30pm


Hope to see everyone (and I mean everyone) next week!


Christy Gleason (Chreee)

Law Students Online Host



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OnlineHost: Crlane1 has entered the room.

Crlane1: hi chree

OnlineHost: Mfk29 has entered the room.

Chreee: Hey guys!

OnlineHost: SeeWiebe has entered the room.

Crlane1: hi

Chreee: So what do you think?

Mfk29: hello all

Crlane1: I'm trying not to think too much

SeeWiebe: Evening Chreee

Chreee: i meant about the new look and the new boards

Chreee: hey there See!

Crlane1: oh, I love it!

Chreee: See: did school start?

Crlane1: yes, I was glad to see a folder for estates and trusts

SeeWiebe: Yes, been here for about two weeks

Chreee: Crlane: please, then, add a post...if no one makes the first move,

nothing will happen

Mfk29: where do you all go to school

SeeWiebe: Nebraska

Chreee: Mfk: I'm at St. John's Law in NYC

Chreee: :)

Chreee: See: what do you think?

SeeWiebe: Love it, hate the weather though and miss my ocean

OnlineHost: Crlane1 has left the room.

Chreee: See: hehehehe..i meant about the board, silly

SeeWiebe: Great Profs here

Chreee: how are classes?

SeeWiebe: wait aminute what board?

Mfk29: what did the board look like before

Chreee: See: do Keyword: LIN

Chreee: HHave you guys been on LIN today?

SeeWiebe: back in a minute

OnlineHost: SeeWiebe has left the room.

Chreee: Mfk: have you had a look yet?  we switched the LIN forum around

OnlineHost: Crlane1 has entered the room.

Crlane1: sorry, I lost my aol connection

Chreee: There you are Crlane

Chreee: Crlane: hehehehe

Crlane1: hey, where did everyone go?

Mfk29: i never saw it before

Chreee: Crlane : See went to look at the forum

Chreee: Others will be here in the over first half hour

Crlane1: Mfk: Where did you say you go to school?

Mfk29: are you day or night students

OnlineHost: SeeWiebe has entered the room.

Chreee: Mfk: we just got our own Law Students Online board today!

Chreee: See: well?

Mfk29: I go to U. of Baltimore School of Law

SeeWiebe: fancy!

Chreee: Mfk: I'm a night student

Mfk29: so I am I

OnlineHost: Mrcdez has entered the room.

Chreee: Mfk: what do you think about it?

OnlineHost: CKKED has entered the room.

Chreee: See: i hope to see tons and tons of posts from you

Chreee: hey guys@

Chreee: welcome!

Mfk29: i only looked at it briefly let me go take a better look I will be

back

SeeWiebe: They'll all be property questions! :)

Chreee: CKKED, Mrcdez: hey there!  it's great to see new faces!  Where are

you in school?

Chreee: See: hehehehe

CKKED: Hello Everyone, my belated congratulations on the new graphics! :)

OnlineHost: Qaylah has entered the room.

Chreee: CKKED: thank you, thank you...do you like it?

Chreee: Q!!

Mrcdez: i am actually in a paralegal program and haven't started yet

Chreee: Q: my pet topic....what do you think of the new look?

Qaylah: Hello all,

SeeWiebe: Man it's getting packed now

SeeWiebe: Hi Q

CKKED: I am a 1L2b at Wisconsin.  I start orientation tomorrow.  I love the

new set up.

Chreee: See: hahaha

Qaylah: Nice to have graphics - but we could come up with something more

interesting

Chreee: CKKED: i hope to see tons of posts from all of you

SeeWiebe: My Legal writing prof is from Wisconsin

Chreee: Q: gimme suggestions and I'll pass them to Rich

Qaylah: I'll think on it

CKKED: I promise to post.  I think I might wait until I have started classes

though.

Chreee: Mrc: how's the para program?

Chreee: CKKED: nahh...post a welcome message

OnlineHost: Gretchen86 has entered the room.

Qaylah: Right now my life is not my own - Moot Court owns it until our

student tournament is over

Chreee: Q: how's it going?

CKKED: I want to find out about pez juditica and Mr/s Psalgraf! :)

Chreee: Welcome Gretchen

Chreee: hahahaha

Mrcdez: could be better  I've been taking transfer classes and am transfering

to a 4 year college

SeeWiebe: Is life ever one's after law begins

Chreee: CKKED: talk to Derek about Pez Judicata

Chreee: See: no....just warped forever

Qaylah: Pretty good but I'm not sure I'll last through Corporations w/o

screaming - we've spent the

SeeWiebe: Gretchen, you don't go to nebraska do you?

Chreee: Mrc: good luck

Qaylah: last week and a half on one case - and its not complex

CKKED: I have been following the posts. I hope he doen't leave just because

there is no folder!

Mrcdez: thank you

Chreee: Q: i start back in less then a week...got a break on a book though...

CKKED: Chree, where do you go to school?

Chreee: CKKED: hehehe...you and me both!

Chreee: I'm at St. Johns in NYC

Qaylah: Great - my law frat runs a consignment used book store so we get good

deals

Chreee: the campus (heinous) bookstore mismarked the Con. Law book...$24

instead of $55

Chreee: !!!!

CKKED: Just out of curiousity, what does the avg. book cost?

Gretchen86: No.  Does anyone here go to Texas?  St. Mary's?  NYU?

Qaylah: Cool!!!!  I wish they did that for me!!!

Qaylah: $55 is pretty average

Crlane1: CKKD: average book is $50 new

SeeWiebe: Outstanding, this semester cost me 500. in books

Chreee: Gretchen: I don't, but i know people who do...why are you asking?

OnlineHost: Mfk29 has left the room.

CKKED: Do you all get your books on campus or look for deals elsewhere?

OnlineHost: Mrcdez has left the room.

OnlineHost: Gretchen86 has left the room.

Crlane1: CKKD:  Hi, I buy my books at the bookstore, our profs change books

so often you can't even get used

SeeWiebe: I look for used books at the campus store but you have to be

careful about interior markings

Chreee: CKKED: i usually get them from Ed's Law Center (not the campus store)

or used from friends

Chreee: Where did everyone go?

Qaylah: The campus store never has used books - even when people turn them in

there

Crlane1: does anyone know a good study guide for estates and trusts?

SeeWiebe: I think Gretchen was lost

Qaylah: Dropping like flies - maybe they have 8:30 T&E like I did last

semester

Chreee: Crlane: haven't taken that one yet

CKKED: Our school budgets for $1800 in books.  At $55 per, I'm confused.

Crlane1: CKKD: maybe the $1800 is for the entire 3 years

Chreee: CKKED: a year...and includes supplements and hornbooks

Chreee: Q: ewwww

Chreee: ack!!!

Qaylah: Now its just 9:00 conflicts - too heavy for the morning everyone just

stares

Chreee: my cat is attacking me!

OnlineHost: Rich Dunn has entered the room.

CKKED: Crlane1:  gotcha.

Chreee: Welcome Rich!

Qaylah: Mine are safely locked out of the room!!! I know better

Chreee: Q: heheheh

Rich Dunn: Somebody's got some extra tools.

Chreee: whew!  He moved.

Crlane1: I have Corporations at 8 am, that's not pretty

CKKED: Mine are somewhere else, They know better.

Chreee: Rich: who??  *looking around*

OnlineHost: SeeWiebe has left the room.

Rich Dunn: Ok oh.  Do we need a "Corporations" folder???

CKKED: Crlane1: is Corps. a required course?

Crlane1: I think so

Chreee: I don't think so, but ask them (points around the room)

Qaylah: Wouldn't be a prob. if you had my corp. prof - many ask if they even

took it afterwards

Crlane1: CKKD:  not required, but its on the Ohio bar

Rich Dunn: Well, the new board is Ver. 0.9.  Final beta.

CKKED: Where do you go to school?

OnlineHost: SeeWiebe has entered the room.

Chreee: Rich: I'll come up with a new list by Tuesday and email it to you

(suggestions and stuff)

Qaylah: I took it 'cause it seemed useful - most people take it so if you're

doing a law students

SeeWiebe: Chreee, the system seems a bit nasty tonight

CKKED: By the way, I tried searching for members with LSO in the field and

got a big zero!

Qaylah: set of folders one might be useful

Chreee: and we can discuss it

Chreee: See!

SeeWiebe: This thing kicked me right out of the system

Chreee: See: ewwww

Chreee: (notes the silence)

SeeWiebe: Anyways I've got to go do property I'll see y'all next week. My

prof is Kingsfield:(

Crlane1: so, has judge ito made a ruling on the furman tapes

Chreee: See: hehehe...later!

Rich Dunn: When we get L.S.O. to it's full glory, we'll be able to have a

file explaining everything.

Chreee: Crlane: I don't know

OnlineHost: SeeWiebe has left the room.

CKKED: Chree: did you notice my comment on the lack of people with LSO in

their member profiles?

Chreee: Rich: works for me

Rich Dunn: ...including the LSO in the member profile.

Chreee: CKKED: when did you post it?

Crlane1: It's hard to watch the trial on CNN when you have to go to school

Qaylah: So what's going on in CA do they not have the no impeachment on

collateral issues rule?

Rich Dunn: Hard to get the word out on something like that when there's no

place to post the info.

CKKED: It's hard to watch the trial when you are watching the kids!

Chreee: Rich: I agree

CKKED: So does everyone wear a walkman to class and listen to OJ on the

radio? :)

Qaylah: I can watch if I want on Wed. and Fri. - no classes

Chreee: I was checking out web sites this evening...working on the list.

Crlane1: no, but we have several profs who enjoy giving their opinions

Chreee: CKKED: hahahahaha

Rich Dunn: Maybe we can put an "About Law Students Online" file under the

"About the L.I.N." button.  Hmmmm....

CKKED: Crlane1: what are their opinions?

Rich Dunn: I like that idea.

Chreee: Rich: that sounds good

Crlane1: CKKD: One prof calls it a "dog and pony show"

Chreee: None of our profs bring it up

CKKED: I like that idea too.  Is there anyway to add a direct link to this

room from the folder?

Chreee: This isn't a steady room

Qaylah: You know not what you ask CKKED

Crlane1: Chreee: probably because its an embarrassment

CKKED: I was wondering if anyone's crim procedure class used it as a study

tool?

CKKED: Mostly, what not to do. :)

Qaylah: Not yet - we're still on helocopters over your backyard, etc.

Chreee: CKKED: good thought

Qaylah: Wonder if See got thrown off again?

Crlane1: CKKD: we talked about it when we studies search and seizures

Chreee: Q: probably

CKKED: Qaylah: You guys are doing it again. I spent an hour looking for Pex

Juditica in Black"s.:)

Crlane1: Q: I forgot about the helocopter case, heehee

Qaylah: My favorite fact patterns this year are from Conflicts

Qaylah: Guy vacationing in Suadi Arabia from Arkansas gets hit by truck of

delaware corp and sues

Chreee: hahaha

CKKED: Well, I had better get out of here before my wife checks our current

monthly bill.

Qaylah: in delaware and the court attepts to apply Arabian law

Chreee: Good ole Delaware Corporations

CKKED: I'll be back next week with two whole days of classes under my belt.

Chreee: CKKED: see you on the boards and next week I hope!

Crlane1: bye CKKD

Qaylah: Yep, our Corps. stat. book contains the full Del. corp. laws

OnlineHost: CKKED has left the room.

Qaylah: bye CKKED

Chreee: <---from Delaware

Crlane1: Q: you've got Corporations too?

Qaylah: Yep, but i might as well not  - the prof is not very good

Crlane1: Has anyone been through the torture of estates and trusts

Crlane1: it's like property revisited, welcome to Kafka's hell

Chreee: nope: still doing Crim, Con. and research and writing

Qaylah: Yes, last semester - with a prof. on the VA T&E legislative committe

Crlane1: Q: did your prof teach VA law, or general common law?

Qaylah: Stupidly I'm doing a T&E subject for my major paper - he taught

general but told us where va

Qaylah: diverged

Crlane1: our's is teaching common law, I wisk he was teaching strictly Ohio

statutes

Crlane1: at this point, I want balck letter law

Crlane1: nice spelling,  i meant black letter law

Qaylah: VA has amazingly progressive T&E law - this is a state with common

law crimes still

Chreee: Sorry I'm so quiet guys...I'm pooped!

Crlane1: I'm still muddling through all the historical stuff, cases from King

William's time

OnlineHost: Rich Dunn has left the room.

Crlane1: Chree: I'm tire too, i've got an 8 am class so i have to jump too

Qaylah: My prof. never asked questions- straight lecture-but he was

interesting(as much as it can be

Crlane1: Q; get this, out teacher assigned us seats, like children

Qaylah: Well I guess I should be going too - got classes 9-4:15 tomorrow

Chreee: Crlane: trade ya...I hafta work =)

Qaylah: Oh get real - that's very annoying!!!

Crlane1: Chree: I wish I could find a job, slim pickings in Cleveland, Ohio

Chreee: Q: we sort of assign our own seats

Crlane1: at least in the legal area

Qaylah: You should try the job market in VA - not great either,  we do the

same Chreee

Crlane1: Q: I guess he wants to know where we all are at all times, I'm

expecting him to put photos

Crlane1: on the seating chart, like Kingsfield in the Paperchase

Chreee: we have seating charts

Crlane1: all of my other profs just had us sit anywhere

Qaylah: well  i think its time to really go so bye all  So do we but we pick

our seats

Chreee: We choose our seats and by the end of the third class, a seating

chart is passed around the

Chreee: Night Q!

Qaylah: Bye!!!

Crlane1: Good night

OnlineHost: Qaylah has left the room.

Crlane1: Well Chree, it looks like just you and me

Chreee: Yep.

Chreee: Hmmmm

Crlane1: i think i better go, the new board looks really nice

Chreee: ok...

Crlane1: i'll post and maybe talk to you later, bye

Chreee: i'd better see some posts, orI'll...I'll...I'll revoke your Pez

supply!

Chreee: Later!

Crlane1: ok, bye

OnlineHost: Crlane1 has left the room.

OnlineHost: No1Defense has entered the room.

Chreee: Hey there

Chreee: you just missed the rush!

Chreee: How are you?

No1Defense: Hi just popped in

No1Defense: Guess I am a little late this week

Chreee: It's ok...I'm still here

No1Defense: Is anyone out there?

Chreee: (that sounded egotistical)

OnlineHost: VONLYNN has entered the room.

Chreee: Hey VOL

VONLYNN: hey chreee...am i a little late or what

No1Defense: Is anyone else in Florida?

VONLYNN: i got carried away with homework and forgot this is eastern time

Chreee: hehehehe

Chreee: it's ok

Chreee: How are you?

VONLYNN: was it busy earlier?

Chreee: It was active

No1Defense: Just got here myself.

VONLYNN: cheree, i'm tired and brain dead...normal for 1L, yes?

VONLYNN: hey no1, how are you?

No1Defense: That's Ok it gets better, second year is better.

No1Defense: You actually can have a little bit of a life

VONLYNN: both of you tell me...what year and where?

Chreee: VON: it is that way in the beginning

No1Defense: Second Year, Ft. Lauderdale

No1Defense: VonLynn Where are you and what year?

Chreee: VON: how is it going?

VONLYNN: cool., no1.  i'm going to keep a journal of my law school

days...think that's how greshem got started?

VONLYNN: I'm 1L Univ of Tulsa (OK)

Chreee: What do you guys think of new look for LIN and our new board?

No1Defense: I plan to write a book after law school on how to get in and

survive!

VONLYNN: haven't seen the new look for LIN, chreee..what do you mean?

Chreee: VON: do a Keyword LIN

VONLYNN: No1, I think i read that one on my summer reading list...

VONLYNN: OK, I'll be right back...

No1Defense: No matter what you read, it's always worse!

No1Defense: Anyone going to do Criminal Defense besides me?

VONLYNN: cool, cheree....is that your handiwork?

Chreee: Not me...don't have the stomach for Crim. work

VONLYNN: No1, I'm hoping to be on the opposite side...sorry

Chreee: VON: Rich is much more responsible than I am...I just helped...:)

No1Defense: No problem Von, someone has to be over there

VONLYNN: Rich is a busy person...I get more junk from Rich than everyone else

put together...i mean info

Chreee: enjoy you two...

Chreee: Von: hweheheheh

Chreee: What do you think?  We have 50 folders for law students now

No1Defense: I am not familiar with this folder thing

VONLYNN: i think i wish i had enough time to read some more...esp the jokes,

i love them

Chreee: Take a lot when you have some time

Chreee: a look even

No1Defense: Where is FIVECASES?

VONLYNN: well guys, I gotta scoot...Torts is calling and its already past my

bedtime (LOL)

No1Defense: C-ya VonLynn

Chreee: VON: there is no more bed time...you are now a law school student!

Chreee: FIVECASES?

VONLYNN: Brief one more case and it's to bed with me.  This is the close of

my second week and I have more

No1Defense: Name is at the top of the room, they are just looking I guess

VONLYNN: manifested physical ailments than I can believe in one body

Chreee: Von: hope to see you on the boards and in the chat room next week1

No1Defense: Law school is just a survival of the fittest test

No1Defense: Who can eat the least, sleep the least etc.

VONLYNN: self-induced.  somehow I have an aversion to (or its the

anticipation of) looking stupid.

VONLYNN: chreee, i promise you'll see me on the boards (non-trad has replaced

"older student') and...

Chreee: hehehe...i have the same problem

VONLYNN: i'll set my alarm for the chats!  Night'all.

Chreee: Night!

OnlineHost: VONLYNN has left the room.

Chreee: No: how are classes?

No1Defense: Evidence is tough, Family Law is ok, Con Law 2 sucks.

Chreee: hehehe...

Chreee: electives that stink...that's the worst

No1Defense: I am also teaching high school through a clinical program,

teaching legal studies

Chreee: No: now I am jealous

Chreee: I would love to do that!

No1Defense: We have lots of clinical opportunities, anything to get out of

the classroom

Chreee: I can't because I work fulltime

No1Defense: JEEZ, where at, a law firm?

Chreee: yeppers

Chreee: in Manhattan

No1Defense: Where are you?

No1Defense: N.Y. huh?

Chreee: I live and go to school in Queens...work in Manhattan

No1Defense: We can only work 20 hours a week by ABA rules

Chreee: I'm an evening student

No1Defense: Oh, I see, I love evening classes.

Chreee: Evening students don't have the work rulles

No1Defense: We have a lot of part-time students, I gotta hand it to ya, that

is really hard. Hats off!!!!

Chreee: it makes for a long day, but lots of people do it and survive

Chreee: i'm ready to head back...

No1Defense: You can do it, just hang in there.

Chreee: I'll be ok...busy, but ok

No1Defense: I keep forgetting this thing starts at 10 or so, I always miss

the action on line

Chreee: hehehe...

Chreee: join us eariler next week

No1Defense: I will. I'm gonna go, have a good week and holiday

Chreee: You too!

Chreee: Hope to see you on the boards!

No1Defense: Goodnite!

Chreee: Night!

OnlineHost: No1Defense has left the room.

Chreee: That's it for this week!  Hope to see everyone next Wednesday at

10:30!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"