INTERVIEW WITH TERMINATOR2 OF ACID PRODUCTIONS

ïTerminator2 Interview
ïEternal Lie
ï04/07/94

            INTERVIEW WITH TERMINATOR2 OF ACID PRODUCTIONS(TM)
               Composed By Eternal Lie @ 11:15 EST 04/07/94

-----
Artist Profile
-----

Handle:  Terminator2
Current group:  ACID Productions(tm)
First Name:  Ed
Age:  16
Residence:  Las Vegas, NV
Computer:  386DX40

-----
INTERVIEW
-----

EL:  What inspired you to begin drawing computer artwork?

T2:  Good Question.  I began my ansi carrer in July of 1993.  I started to
     draw to get access on some of the better boards in my area.  Seeing as
     how JED and ICY had access to the boards I wished to be a member of, I
     started drawing ansi as a hobby.

EL:  When you first started drawing, who mainly influenced your style and why?

T2:  My next door almost next door neighbor, ICY mainly influenced my style
     because he was a good friend and we attended the same High School.  We
     also played on the same basketball team.  He influenced my style because
     his shading style was what I hoped for and his proportions were exact.

EL :  What past groups have you been a participating member of?

T2:  I began drawing in CSAN, a small local group in my area.  Then I joined
     AUG, which was slightly larger and more spread out.  And then came Mirage,
     which at the time was re-formed by G. Washington And Kaska. F. Kaska.
     When that died, I was invited to join Acid.  It has always been my goal to
     draw for Acid.  Obviouly, I am not a group jumber :)

EL:  Where do you get your ideas for drawing.

T2:  I get most of my ideas from comic books, such as:   WildCats, Cyberforce
     and Savage Dragon.  Also, I draw original art while sketching in class.
     99% of my logos are completely original, except for that 1% that I
     ripped from Hannibal Lecter.

EL:  What is your view of the scene.

T2:  From my perspective, I believe the quality of the art scene is degrading
     from what it was before.  A lot of the artists have begun to draw from
     the same sources, which aroused ideas of ansi plagiarism.  It starts to
     become redundant.  But still, it is fun to hang out on conferences.

EL:  What is the best piece of work you believe you have done?

T2:  I have two ansis that I regard as my best.  These are:  Union for
     Deathrow and Savage Dragon for After Dark Club.  I feel these ansis are
     better than than anyones i have done in the past.

-----
Greets
-----

Greets go out to:  All art groups, Ben, Brandon, Carl, Chris, Dave, Daeson,
                   Greg, Harvey, Jeff, John, John, Mike, Me, Mike, Myself,
                   Mike, I, Ryan, Scott, Scott, Steve, Steve, and everybody
                   else.

                   Figure it out yourself.

ïTerminator2 Interview

ïJED Interview
ïEternal Lie and Terminator2
ï04/08/94

                INTERVIEW WITH JED OF ACID PRODUCTIONS(TM)
        Composed By Eternal Lie and Terminator2 @ 12:17 EST 04/08/94

-----
Artist Profile
-----

Handle:  JED
Current group:  ACID Productions(tm)
First Name:  Mike
Age:  17
Residence:  Temple City, CA

-----
INTERVIEW
-----

EL:  What inspired you to begin drawing computer artwork?

JED:  I started drawing because I needed file points on some board to get
      some game.  I was a little tiny lamer trying to download shareware
      PD games.

EL:  When you first started drawing, who mainly influenced your style?

JED:  I'd say that Magius of Acid mostly influenced my style.  He never used
      shading blocks, he just used forground color blocks.  He had a cool
      unique art look.  I had never seen an ansi like that.

EL:  When and why did you start to compose ansi animations?

JED:  I can't remember exacly when, but once, RaD MaN got me a ansi request
      for an ansi animation from a board local to him.  I didn't know how to
      do ansi animations, so I asked RaD MaN, who showed me how.  Then I
      started producing them.

EL:  How long does it usually take you to finish a full length animation?

JED:  Well, it depends.  A Major ansi animation usually takes me about
      2 weeks.  A Normal length ansi animation takes about 2 days.

EL:  What past groups have you been in?

JED:  I've only been in one, Acid.

EL:  Where do you get your ideas for drawing.

JED:  I just find pictures that have been lying around, but basically all
      my pictures and ansi animations are pre-drawn on paper because I doodle
      a lot.

EL:  What is your view of the scene.

JED:  Since I don't call out, I don't know much about what is going on, but
      I get updates from RaD MaN every once in awhile about what is happening.
      I think that it is alright.

EL:  What is the best Animation you think you've ever done?

JED:  I think that Final Fantasies was the best.  I drew that ansi animation
      about 2 years ago.

-----
Greets
-----

Greets go out to:  RaD MaN, Tempus Thales.

ïJED Interview

ïICY Interview
ïKinayda
ï04/13/94
           
                    INTERVIEW WITH ICY OF ACID PRODUCTIONS(TM)
                     Composed By Kinayda @ 12:00 EST 04/13/94

-----
Profile
-----

Handle:  Icy             
Current Group:  Formally of Acid Productions(tm)
First Name:  Harvy
Age:  16
Residence:  Temple City, CA

-----
INTERVIEW
-----

KN:  What have you been doing in your spare time instead of drawing artwork?

IC:  Going out with my friends and go where ever, shoot pool go to parties,
     and look for girls.

KN:  What do you see for Acid in the future?

IC:  I think ACiD will be a pretty constant group, I don't think they'll
     always be the best, but they'll always be up there.

KN:  Who were/are some of your favorite ansi artists?

IC:  Marshal Law, Tempus, Quicksilver, Lord Carnuss, JED.

KN:  Which group of the ones you were in was your most favorite?  Why?

IC:  Valiant because it had most of the top artists and it's not so big
     that nobody knows each other.  The leader was also very cool, Brian
     (Quicksilver).  He called me up a lot.

KN:  How do you think the scene has changed from when you started?

IC:  it's not very fun or interesting anymore.  I'm not sure, maybe it's
     my personal opinion where I'm not interested in the scene anymore.
     I think the scene is kinda dry, when I call boards it's not the same
     as when I used to call boards.

KN:  What did you like best and worst about the scene?

IC:  I liked the drawing and the competition between the artists.
     I Didn't really dislike anything about the scene.

KN:  What's your most favorite ansi that you've made?  And what's your
     most favorite ansi that someone else has made?

IC:  My favorite ansi was the one I made for Crusty's Spamland of Prophet.
     The one that Marshal Law made for Crewl Lye of the skeleton and horse.

KN:  Who would you consider your best friend in the scene?

IC:  I don't know.  No one really.

KN:  Are you an artist in real life?

IC:  Kind of.  I'm not real good, but I consider myself pretty good.

KN:  Were you always in the art scene?  Or have you ever dabbled in the
     wares or h/p scene?

IC:  I've always been in the art scene.

KN:  Do you feel you'll ever start to draw again?

IC:  Yeah every once in a while I have the urge to draw especially when
     I see an art pack.  But I get lazy.

KN:  Thanks a lot Harvey, I've enjoyed doing this interview with you.
     I hope you enjoy seeing this in Corruption Issue 3.

IC:  No Problem.

-----
Other Comments
-----

RaD Man - Cloze Cigarettes Taste Good.

ïICY Interview

ïMetalhead Interview
ïEternal Lie
ï04/28/94

                  INTERVIEW WITH SHAGGY,  AKA METALHEAD OF ICE
                  Composed By Eternal Lie @ 11:36 EST 04/28/94


-----
Artist Profile
-----

Handle:  Metalhead 
Current group:  ICE ADVERTISEMENTS
First Name:  Ben
Age:  16
Residence:  Rockville, Maryland           
Computer:  386-40dx, until last april, an XT

-----
INTERVIEW
-----

EL:  What is the status of Pantheon?

MH:  If I could ever manage to get a software I like, I would put it up.
     I tried to do it with V-X, but they were being assholes.  The Vision-X
     team said, "if you would do us a menu set, we will give you a free "
     registration. "  I did a menu set and gave it to them.  The didn't like "
     it, and they told me to do another one, which i did.  I gave that to
     them and they said that they also wanted a message header.  I just said
     fuck it.

EL:  What inspired you to begin drawing computer artwork?

MH:  The people who influenced me were definatly Marshal Law,
     The Malevolent Trickster, Insanity magazine, which was the
     original iCE Magazine.

EL:  When you first started drawing, who mainly focussed your style?

MH:  When i first started, I didn't really study anyone.  I first started
     drawing pictures for Mirage.  G. Washington probably influenced my
     style.

EL:  What past groups have you been in?

MH:  In chronoligical order :  Fubar, Steelblock, Stoned, Mirage, Legacy, iCE

EL:  Where do you get your ideas for drawing?

MH:  I get all my ideas from comics and cartoon scripts.  I also draw
     original art.  I mostly have a scribble(grafiti) style of drawing when
     I draw original art.

EL:  What do you like best/worst about the scene?

EL:  WHo is your best friend in the scene?

MH:  I suspose Disco Dan.  He is in my grade, and is one of my best
     friends out of the scene.

EL:  What is your involvement in the scene?

MH:  I was very slightly involved in H/P before I started drawing ansi.
     Boardwise, my favorite board that is H/P was Unphamiliar Territories.
     I also went to a 2600 meetings.  I went to one which was involved in
     the secret service raid of the November 2600 meeting.  They came and
     went in our stuff.  I had a whisper 2000 in my hand and they thought
     it was a stungun.  They took my keyboard.

EL:  What do you see for iCE in the future?

MH:  Definately better quality.  iCE has been building ever since it got
     restarted in a way.  Lots of people built it from the ground up.  Loyal
     members began helping out, instead of us trying to steal people.  Lots
     of people came from small groups or nowhere.

EL:  How old were you when you became senior staff of iCE?

MH:  I was 13 when I started the scene and was 14 when I became senior
     staff of iCE.


EL:  Who within iCE do you respect the most?

MH:  Marshall Law.  He is a really nice guy.  RaD MaN is the only person
     in the scene he has any conflicts with.  Marshall Law quit Acid because
     RaD MaN told him to produce.  He is also really well rounded.  And
     beyond that, he does great ansis.

EL:  What is your favorite things to do besides computers?

MH:  I like to listen to rave and techno.  I listen to it alot.

EL:  What artists to you think have the most potential, preferrably in iCE?

MH:  Incubus and Bad Karma.  Both have pretty good shading, but they
     definately need a little work.  They are pretty neck and neck.  Incubus
     does very good cartoons and characters.

EL:  What do you think is the best iCE pack?

MH:  I think the 4-93 is my favorite.  It was the first really well-rounded
     pack.

EL:  What is your favorite chewing gum flavor and why?

MH:  Original.  Beats me why.  It's the taste of Inky's condoms :)

ïMetalhead Interview

ïAphex Twin Interview
ïPsyco Child
ï04/30/94

                  INTERVIEW WITH APHEX TWIN OF ICE ADVERTISEMENTS
             COMPOSED BY PSYCO CHILD AND APHEX TWIN @ 10:01CTL 04/30/94

-----
Artist Profile:
-----

Handle:  Aphex Twin
Affils:  iCE ANSI Director
First Name:  Greg
Age:  19
Residence:  Toronto, Ontario
Computer:  386/33 Desktop, 486/20 Laptop

-----
INTERVIEW:
-----

PC:  What inspired you to begin drawing computer artwork?

AT:  I dont know ... well Jay... I had been out of computer related stuff
     for about 4 years and I ran into an ACiD pack on a local PD board, and it
     really impresed me so I decided to start drawing.

PC:  Who enfluenced you most when you began ansi?

AT:  Ummmm I dont know ... well Sonic impressed me with a little 50 line
     ACiD loader.  But when I seriously got into it, it was Quicksilver,
     Tempus, and Danzig (White Devil) who I think were my major influences,
     and Vindication as well.

PC:  In chronological order what groups were you in, in the past.

AT:  I started off in a group I started up myself called iMPACT.  It included
     me and umm, like no one else.  Then I went to Gaoo [local group], then
     Image, Gothic for a week, ACiD for two months, Gothic again for 5 months,
     up until a day before it died, and now I am in iCE and its where I am
     staying for ever ... and ever ...

PC:  Why iCE?  What about ACiD?

AT:  Well OK ... I started talking to Syntax Error and I got along with him
     real well, and agree with everything he wants to do with the group.  Umm,
     I like the direction in which iCE is going right now plus I suppose I
     like having a say in whats going on.  ACiD's cool but its just not where
     I want to be right now.

PC:  What do you do when your not dealing with computers?

AT:  I suck.  No really I guess I hang out with my friends and smoke drugs
     and munch drugs and uhh drop drugs and uhh what else do I do umm ahhh
     ahhhhhh pick up chicks (hot babes) and uhh ummmm ummm I drive my honda
     civic .. its standard.  Its red.  I also go to school [he's a senior].
     umm I also eat (veggies) and umm sleep ya!

PC:  Whats your favorite type of narcotic?

AT:  Well I suppose shrooms (right iNKY?) and uhh I also like weed alot.
     But I have tried basically everyone of them... (If anyone wants me to mail
     them drugs, just give me your address and your full real name and I'll
     send it priority express ... I'll even pay the extra costs myself)

PC:  What is your view of the scene?

AT:  uhh well personaly I kinda think it sucks and I'm getting tired of it and
     uhh I wish you'd all stop calling me and I quit.

PC:  Are you serously thinking of leaving the scene?

AT:  No you lamer, I'm not.

PC:  Thanks bud... (eat me)

PC:  Who have you known longest in the scene?

AT:  Elminster ... I have known him longer than anyone else in the scene.
     Actually I have known Dr.Tongue the longest but I speak to Elminster
     more often ... ohh wait Iron Man too ... I have known him for a long
     time ... I dont know, its not cool to pick favorites.  Actually, I guess
     I've known Rad Man for a while too...

PC:  (you talk too much)

PC:  How do you feel about teleconferences?

AT:  Well I dont like 'em much anymore.  They were kinda cool in the
     beginning cause it was a novelty for me but now all I like are the iCE
     private ones because I can get insulted by Memphis Snails.

PC:  What is your favorite ANSI you ever drew?

AT:  Umm my Amber one ... I like it because its kinda different and all the
     different parts are taken from different pictures and i kinda put them
     together into one big ANSI.  Plus its for my good friend Corwin whom I
     forgot to put into the question about who I've known longest.  (Corwin
     is a real cool guy, and I hope he stays in the scene).

AT:  Anything else ya want to ask me?

PC:  Uhh your the one making up the questions so you think up another one!

[At this point of time Aphex takes over]

AT:  What else do I want to ask myself?

AT:  uh do you have any embarassing childhood memories?

AT:  Well there was the time I lost my mom at the airport.  And uhh and the
     time at the assembly when I was in grade 1 and I had to dress up as a
     bird and sing a stupid song but uhh those were too traumatic and I want to
     stop now.  I would apreciate if you would stop with the personal
     questions.

AT:  So who is your favorite ANSI artist?

AT:  Well it depends.  I'll list some of them in no specific order... Tempus
     Thales, White Devil (Danzig), Quicksilver, that Aphex Twin guy, Corwin of
     Amber, ohh did I say Aphex Twin yet and if I didn't, him too and also I
     digged Psyco Child's easter bunny.  Also Vindication, and Alter Ego.  And
     thats all.

PC:  Hey dork you done yet?

AT:  How long is it homie?

PC:  Its five pages so far.

AT:  Well thats cool I guess.  And ya ... Jay, this interview would have been
     a lot less stressful if I didnt have to make up my own questions.

PC:  Later Greg.

at:  Later Jay.

---- Aphex Twins Greets -----

Syntax Error, Shaggy, Tempus Thales, Elminster, Dr.Tongue, Iron Man,
Black Ire, Sexual Chocolate, Quicksilver, Pnakotic, Soul Blazer, Stile,
Corwin, Sinned Soul, Eternal Lie, Golgotha, Kinayda, Cav!, Xerobe, Psyco
Child, Tranqy, iNKY!, Soul Rebel, Afx (in SA), Pointy (you know who you
are :), Rad Man, Beastie, Hannibal Lecter, Shihear Kallizad, Spyder Man,
egghead, Raistlin, R.Noble, Terminator2, Hitman, Opiate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC & AT: Hope you all liked this wierd interview.

ïAphex Twin Interview


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"