"Love, Yet Unseen"

"Love, Yet Unseen"

Your gentle touch, soft, caressing my
heart ever so delicately, protecting
it's porcelain shell from the hail
which plummets to the ground, is the
only touch I embrace without reservation.

Your lips, invite me to partake of the sweet
honeysuckle which is in your kiss, and of
the soft, subtle nourishment it provides
the very essence of my soul, for when our
lips touch, I fear not the dark shadows of
the night, nor demons which plot to
devour the delicate roses our love hath
bloomed amongst the thorns.

Your eyes, like a beacon in a storm, guide
me through the thickest haze, reassuring
me through the brightness of their lamps
that the way is clear, and I shall not founder
upon a rocky shoal, but shall dwell within
the warming comfort of your love.

Your voice, so gentle, serene, sings an
angelic tune unto my ears, beckoning
me, fear not the future, bury the past,
for the time of our love is at hand.

Take heed, wrap your arms about my
very soul, partake of my love with all
your heart and forsake not my trust
in you, for that trust is but a crystal
goblet of water upon an
unsteady mantel.

Tip it not, lest some of the water
should trickle upon a dusty floor
Break it not, lest it no longer sparkles
within thy heart

But above all else, cherish it with all
thy heart and soul, for my trust and love
are but bitterness not enraged, and you
shall have them always, lest you forget
these endearing words and fade
unto darkness.............


© Nichole Letitia Byrom
August 5, 1997


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"