Maybe it's time

 Maybe it's time

for world with no peace,

For the people to cry

To the mountain peaks-

To fall on them

To invite death in,

To silence the cries 

of hearts pained with sin.


The blood of the babes

From the wombs does flow

Encircles the earth 

up to horses elbow.

And no rhymes nor reasons

Are ever found,

From the east to the west

Confusion abounds.


In the hearts of men 

where illusions arise

No shame do you sense

Believing it's lies.

The sound of the trumpet

Bellows it's sound

Above earth's heavy burden

That man lay upon


Can you hear through the fire?

Can you see through your dirt-

Of deceit and destruction

Which you man gave birth?

The Seraph of wisdom

Who plays the trumps tune

Like a sea of glass

Can see right through you.


In a blink of your eye,

Like a thief in the dark

Will render His children

Safe from your charm.

My time will come,

My day will be here

To climb to my roof

Where He'll clench my hand there.


I pray you'd have gone

But to your lies you do cling-

Too heavy to carry

For the Angel who sings.

I will leave you then

to fate you've chose

With mountains to save you

(a lie super imposed).


I'll see you one last time

On that sea of glass-

With golden crowns

And looking glass.

And on that day that I meet you

To share one final goodbye

You'll call out my name

And start to cry:


"Please go to the water

and in it do touch

with the tip of your finger.

Is it asking too much?

Then return to me

As quick as you left

To my caloric berth

Where eternity sweats.

I'll jot out my tongue

To lap off the drip

To cool off my tongue

By your finger tip."


I'll then turn away  

From whence I felt peace

To the one true light

To the one true peace.


Every tear on my cheek

You so rashly did place

He'll gently wipe dry

And will enter His place-

Where in his gardens I'll play

And where his flowers I'll pick

The joy of His love

Will forever be bliss.



©Maybe It's Time

L.S. 1998



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOTTOM LIVE script

Fawlty Towers script for "A Touch of Class"